Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A TREMENDOUS thank you the the RRC 06 sponsors!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
brant
I wanted to thank all of the RRC 06 sponsors.
Many were even able to attend the event and it couldn't of been the same quality without them.

I know most of the sponsors are not making any money out of their time and labor for producing 914 specific items... yet they graciously give some of these amazing products... or even cash..

The attendants at the event were Very greatful to receive some of these amazing items..

Here is a listing of some of the sponsors:

The Howard Insurance Agency

thankyou Howard for your gracious donation. You paid for the attendants to get into the national park and see some amazing sights. Besides that its an honor just to get to meet you and you bring so much to the event personally!
thanks Howard
brant
No picture for this one...
but I really want to thank Jeroen!

He did so much art work and web work for this event.
it would of been very different without him.

thanks again sir!
one more time we all owe you for your help!

brant
in no particular order:

Sean from Moron Throttle really provided a lot of wonderful stuff
He did last year too.
lets be honest, Sean is not getting "rich" from any of the wonderful hats and T-shirts he has made from the club... yet he continues to give them out to support events. Thanks Sean!

lucky winners of Moron Throttle merchandise included:
Joe O'Brien who won a cool knit hat
Joe Sharp who won a Nice T-shirt
Chritine Silva who also won a T-shirt
Linda Horne who won a shirt (cool that it was black)
Jim Tabor won a shirt
Mark Mondello won a hat
Lawrence from Colorado wona 914 club window banner
as did Bruce Napier and Mrs K!
Mike Ginter won a knit hat
Vanessa Shea won a shirt
Dan Gaddy won a windshiedl banner
Arlene Silva won a knit hat (which Greg probably stole from her)

Jason Luhrs won another hat and I'm guessing he probably wore if for that early morning drive home

Mr. Dranow also won a T-shirt

Sean also provided a bunch of those cool 914 club stickers
the lucky winners included:
Bill grimstead
liz ortiz
jeff dixon
aaron Cox
Mark Debernardi
BJ Hipskind
Kelly Manley

Sean also donated a bunch of those cool 914 club pens. People that didn't win something else were very happy to have them.
not many went home empty handed!

Can you beleive this list.
thanks so much Sean
you really provide nice stuff to this club and you really were kind to the RRC participants! clap56.gif
brant
Many many more pictures of people that benefited from Sean's kindness:
brant
and Mr Grimstead
There were an awful lot of happy people that night
Jeroen
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 25 2006, 07:49 PM) *

but I really want to thank Jeroen!

you're more than welcome!
good to see you guys had fun
LvSteveH
A BIG thanks to James and Heidi at 914 Appearance & Performance for the amazing door panels. That was really generous, I promise to put them to good use. driving.gif

I had a great time at the RRC again this year, thanks everyone for supporting a great event. smiley_notworthy.gif
Ferg
A big thanks to all, and to Dr. Evil one for the great CV bolt kit! clap56.gif
I think I have a Mcpaint drawing somewhere on how they work chairfall.gif

Ferg
StratPlayer
Thank you sponsors, it is deeply appreciated, what a great event this is. smilie_pokal.gif
AZ914
Thanks Sean for the hat!

Shout out to Pelican Parts for donating the gift certificates.
Now I need to go spend a few hundred at PP so I can use my $50 certificate!
brant
Ooops...
I stopped for a lunch break and got behind.
as noted above.

Thanks to James and Heidi for those beautiful door panels
Steve sure didn't look sad when he won them:
brant
Ferg wasn't the only person lucky enough to win those beautiful wired CV bolt kits:

Mr Shea won a set and immediately turned around and gave them to Mr. Wills (who had a tiny bit of CV trouble enroute to the event)

also, Kyle Manley won a set of those nice bolts:
brant
Another sponsor that attended the event was Liz, from Turtle Mountain Brewery.
EVERY SINGLE person that attended were able to benefit from her kindness.
Liz brought 2 kegs of beer for everyone, not to mention some wonderful growlers for lucky people to take home.

Thank you Liz... (thank you Niko also!)
my saturday morning hangover is now gone

There was practically some fighting over these awards:

(Andy, Ron, and Michelle all were pretty excited to win)
brant
Thomas Spretke won a crane XR700 set up.
this is A wonderful example of the kind people in this non-club
one of the club members, donated this and insisted that his name be left out.
he explained that the club itself and the people in it have given so much to him that he wanted this gift to be from the Whole Club...

on that note, thanks to the club and the wonderful people:
brant
J West Engineering was kind enough to donate a fog light flasher kit.
(I was not the only person eyeballing that one...)
Nice kit and thank for your support both years James!

The lucky winner was Kimberly Colp!
brant
U.S. Divers donated a bunch of scuba gear.
there were wet bags, face mask kits, gear bag kits with flippers...
the whole works.

Very nice stuff too

I myself was the lucky winner of a gear kit.
other lucky winners included:
Brian Munday
Dave Pigott
Andy Schermuly
one of our Moab 914 locals, Irene
and John Peterson:
brant
Pelican parts donated again this year and donated a lot of goodies.

Its funny to me how many NOT good parts houses exist for the 914 base.
I really appreciate how GOOD pelican has always been to deal with.
I have never been wronged or treated poorly with them. And once when there was a small shipping error, they happily corrected it.

Thanks to Pelican Parts for strongly supporting the RRC 06
Jeff Duncan won a $50 gift certificate
Jason Luhrs won a $50 gift certificate
(actually Becky won it, not Jason.. but he was already planning a way to get his hands on it!)

Jim Buchanan won a Pelican T-shirt
Ben Martin won a Pelican T-shirt
and Our moab Guide, Russ won a Pelican hat:
brant
Thanks Pelican!
brant
and:
jsteele22

Yes indeed, there was some great booty to be had at RRC. Last year, I was shocked when I won 2 door prizes worth more than the registration fee. This year I won a prize worth exactly the cost of registration -- for RRC '07. Thanks to the event organers for that, and also to the Archway Inn for providing assistance with the graphics biggrin.gif

The event is a blast in and of itself, but the prizes sure highlight the generosity and good spirit of the 914club. Thanks to everyone who helped out this year.

Dr Evil
Man, I love this thread. I soo wish I could have been there. Glad to see folks digging on my bolt kits, use them in good health thumb3d.gif

Very cool thread! Great club, great sponsors (proud to have been able to be one).
TINCAN914
I was amazed at the generosity of all the sponsors.
All I had to do was ask and they were more then willing to help out the extended family.....

Once again thank you to the following who were so generous.

This was the first time I have been a part of helping with an event of this size, and I had a blast. I look forward to helping out in any way I can for years to come.. clap56.gif
spunone
I would like to Thank Jeroen for making me look great on the back of the shirt thumb3d.gif Thanks for the Logo on such quick notice
jimtab
Thanks to all who helped or donated, I like my new shirt. Also, I think it was really cool that everyone got some kind of prize....very cool and only happened because of the generosity of the donators/sponsors...
brant
Paul,

funny that you posted.
I was just going to single you out next and tell you thank you
not only from the entire RRC planning group... but also from my wife personally.

She won a coil bracket!
its cool.
she knows I want it and she is using it as leverage to get me motivated on the house work.

so thank you from my wife!
Howard
My pleasure, guys, but I wish you would have told me the $$ went toward the Park entry fee. Someone thanked me, and I just looked stoopid(er). blink.gif

Super event, organizers. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
brant
But my wife wasn't the only lucky person to get beautiful parts from Paul!
Andrea Hill won a reservoir bracket
Sharron Ginter won a reservoir bracket
Lucky won a reservoir bracket

and Kevin from Colorado was VERY excited to win the guage benzels.
(He is very into instrumentation in his car and has nearly every guage you can imagine... it was very cool that he won the benzels)

brant
Dr. Evil,

thanks again sir!
its I that am proud you graced us with your kind wishes!

thanks a ton sir!

spunone
Glad everthing went to good homes beer.gif Better start thinking on what I can make for next year smash.gif
brant
ok....
a non Narp was the lucky winner of a VERY generous light kit from CAMP914

Craig, thanks a ton for donating the pilots.

everyone should know that Craig was very generous last year too.
it really is nice of you craig to put so much money into this non-club

The lucky winner of the lights was Jon Nelson out of N.M.
he drove the 968 out to the event and its his first porsche!
very cool way to start his ownership by using it and and having fun!

everyone should know that Craig also donated a bunch of great mequires products that went to each registrant as well as name tag lanyards.

Thanks again Craig!

brant
Mr. Zois made us a ton of beautiful vinyl for the event.
There were a couple of side stripes, mobil oil styled decals (the cool vintage ones!), a banner kit, and various other vinyl.

Thanks Mike!
you don't hear it enough but thanks for all that you put into this little community.
Ray Silva (trojandad) and Mike Wills were both lucky winners of side strip kits !
Gint
Thanks Paul! The Spunone brake fluid resevoir bracket will loook great on the /6!
brant
As Jeff Steel posted the RRC committee was lucky enough (due to the great turn out) to pre-purchase 3 registrations for next years event!

Jeff its cool that you won one... now you have to get your car finished and have no excuses for not coming next year.

Ernie, I'm very looking forward to seeing you next year

and finally Greg...
hmmm.....

lol..
just kidding Greg!

so guess what
there now has to be an RRC 07 because other wise there will be three angry people!

brant
brant
PMB performance
Eric Shea!

what can I say

Eric was kind enough to bring out another BEAUTIFUL set of FULLY restored, and fully replated rear brake calipers.

everyone has seen these
everyone would like to have a set
everyone that has rebuilt their own rear calipers knows that you can't replicate what Eric has done.

I rebuilt another set about 3 years ago and can tell you that I won't be doing that again.

Thanks Eric, and thank Vanessa for putting up with us all
it was really a pleasure to see you both again and that your family sharred Nicki's birthday with us.

For those that weren't there... Slits was the Damn lucky winner of those beautiful calipers:
TROJANMAN
just give me the $75 laugh.gif
StratPlayer
When do I register???
brant
Couple of more things to say.

1st, thanks to the Andy and the admins for this club and the help that made the RRC06 so great!

2nd, thanks to the members and attendants that made the event so fun!

as mentioned on another thread... We were able to donate money for a local Moab charity. its an organization that works with abused and neglected children and tries to minimize the stress that systems put those kids through.

As a result of the wonderful sponsors... The wonderful attendants.. and the wonderful attitude of this club, we were able to donate $1500 to this charity!

James would of been proud of all of you!

Joe Bob
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 25 2006, 03:13 PM) *

Mr. Zois made us a ton of beautiful vinyl for the event.
There were a couple of side stripes, mobil oil styled decals (the cool vintage ones!), a banner kit, and various other vinyl.

Thanks Mike!
you don't hear it enough but thanks for all that you put into this little community.
Ray Silva (trojandad) and Mike Wills were both lucky winners of side strip kits !

Your welcome.....I'm sorry the other stuff wasn't available on time....

If the winners needs help on instalation, direct them to www.nbdgraphics.com and the there are printable instal instructions.

Wish I could had made it....looked to be a ripping good time. w00t.gif
draperjojo
Great people and great sponsors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eric_Shea
Slits was the Damn lucky winner of those beautiful calipers

Couldn't go to a better man. smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks to Brant, Brian and Greg and everyone else who pitched in behind the scenes... this event touched a lot of people. It's what I envisioned a couple years back. I thought if people could just see the beauty and feel the magic (literally) of this place they would want to come back.

Brant, a special thanks to you for staying committed last year (when I couldn't) and making RRC the event that it is today. None of this would be without your gracious work and dedication. You da man.
Grimstead
QUOTE(brant @ Sep 25 2006, 10:47 AM) *

I wanted to thank all of the RRC 06 sponsors.
Many were even able to attend the event and it couldn't of been the same quality without them.

I know most of the sponsors are not making any money out of their time and labor for producing 914 specific items... yet they graciously give some of these amazing products... or even cash..

The attendants at the event were Very greatful to receive some of these amazing items..

Here is a listing of some of the sponsors:

The Howard Insurance Agency

thankyou Howard for your gracious donation. You paid for the attendants to get into the national park and see some amazing sights. Besides that its an honor just to get to meet you and you bring so much to the event personally!
thanks Howard

agree.gif
Howard & Lisa did a great job setting stuff up for the kids!

And thank you Brant, Brian and Greg. I had a wonderful time and plan to be back next year with my teener

And of course, thank you Eric. It was worth the price of admission to finally get to meet you in person!
McMark
Also, THANKS to Series9 for the award trophies.

IIRC, Kelly Manley won best 4, Mike Wills won best 6 (John P was a close second), Keith (with the WRX from GAF) won best engineered, Toast got the golden wheelbarrow....

What else? A little help... unsure.gif
Series9
Hard luck: Ferg. (not that his luck was really bad, but we all just knew he was about to freak out every minute his car was not clean, in his garage at home)

Longest Drive: Jeff (Corpus Christi, 1400 miles)
LuckieO
I just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who made this event happen. It really was a blast! I am going to have to dry out for a bit after the typical parking lot drunk fest. drunk.gif And, thanks to Mark for driving us around in the 914World.com rental van! driving.gif
Howard
Delicato Family Vinyards smilie_pokal.gif
Broke into the Shiraz. Verrrrrry Nice!

In addition, several unofficial sponsors came through for me.

To Joe Sharp for leaving all the tequila by my car. Those wrapped hotel plastic glasses are a bit bigger than regular shots. I am too old for this shit. drunk.gif

To Toasty for the little cigars.

To Grimstead for the special T-Shirt. I will treasure it.

To Lisa and Linda for teaching me about BJ's.

To Slits for the new voltage regulator.

To the wonderful ladies of New Mexico for thawing my hood.
brant
Holy Crap....

Delicato Vinyards...
Yes of Course Delicato Vinyards

Thanks a ton!

boxstr
Hey you guys are always welcome. Glad that I am able to send stuff for the gatherings.
CCL
jgara962
Glad to hear that you guys enjoyed the wine. From some of the pictues, it looks like it was put to good use. drunk.gif
jsteele22

And let's not forget jimtab, for his free-flowing generosity, even if it was just a "shot in the dark".

seanery
smilie_pokal.gif

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the schtuff!

I'll DEFINITELY be there next year - in a teener even! Jumpy.gif w00t2.gif w00t1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.