Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Any webmasters here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rrr
I need some advice on 'going rate' web site costs for things like development, hosting, web site promotion, edits, adding meta-tags, etc.

The company I work for as a Business Development Manager is coming under new ownership. This could be a VERY good thing as our previous owner was a huge corporation that horribly constrained how we could do business, especially our web pages. Example: If you were lucky enough to drill down a gajillion clicks and actually FOUND our web pages on the corporate site, there was nothing but a single email address there to a contact us...and the emails went to corporate office... who forwarded them to us when they felt like it! No address, no contact names, no phone numbers! headbang.gif

We are now 'out from under' and can use our own / old web page again. mueba.gif I've been out of the loop web-wise for 6+ years (I was a quasi-webmaster at a previous job) and wanted to make sure the website contractor we used to use (and will likely use again) isn't sheeplove.gif us.
blitZ
It's difficult to give a general estimate without detailed specifcations. Web hosting can be fairly inexpensive depending on the type of backend services you require. I've used Small Orange and Gator Hosting, both decent for as little as $20-$30 per month for a small site.

Most companies have web access already and run their own webserver. This way you have more control over security and the technologies you want to use. I do Internet consulting in the Atlanta area. You might want to get a consultant/contractor to do the job if you don't need a full time developer. They should be able to set you up with an environment which will fullfil your needs and provide a real estimate.
thomasotten
I use westhost, for like 6.95 per month. You get php, mysql database, and secure server goodies. It's a good deal.
914rrr
Thanks guys!

Does anybody know an Internet Consultant in the Knoxville / East Tennesse area?

I'm still curious about going rates for website development. Anybody?
bd1308
pm me.

I'm not a pro but I can help in any way I know how.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.