Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shift linkage condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bartlett 914
I have 3 Shift linkages. 1 it really bent. The other 2 are nearly identical. I can't believe this shape is correct. I made a shaft to fit where the front shift would fit. Using the floor tiles as a reference, you can see that they are not parallel. Does anyone have a drawing of what this shape should be.

Mark
Bartlett 914
The picture is cropped too much to see the shaft I made. Frome the knuckle there is a shaft inserted and that shaft is parallel to the line on the floor tiles.

Mark
gms
they are designed with a lot of bends (from the factory)...you can compare them to mine if you would like.
Joe Ricard
Yes but the two ends need to be on the same axis.
cooltimes
Pelican has a drawing showing it. See link for diagram.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/Parts/Peda...ge_side_big.htm

MikeCool

QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Oct 3 2006, 12:01 PM) *

I have 3 Shift linkages. 1 it really bent. The other 2 are nearly identical. I can't believe this shape is correct. I made a shaft to fit where the front shift would fit. Using the floor tiles as a reference, you can see that they are not parallel. Does anyone have a drawing of what this shape should be.

Mark

Bartlett 914
[quote name='cooltimes' date='Oct 3 2006, 12:40 PM' post='786648']
Pelican has a drawing showing it. See link for diagram.
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/Parts/Peda...ge_side_big.htm

MikeCool

Thanks for the link. I didn't see any dimensions only an exploded view. Was there something else I missed?

Mark
cooltimes
I was thinking you were asking about the offset shape in relation to linear alignment of the part. I wish I could give you that info but mine is a tailshifter. What Joe said is true. Both ends need to be on the same plane.

No dimensions are there or anyplace I know of. However I will keep looking around globally and see if there is any actual measurements anywhere that my surfing could luck up on. Never know what you'll find on the Internet.

MikeCool

"Thanks for the link. I didn't see any dimensions only an exploded view. Was there something else I missed?"

Mark
[/quote]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.