Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: billet oil filters
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
What we are looking for is a billet oil filter adapter allowing two (dual) filters.

One alternative is the Canton adapter and high volume filter, which is "O" ringed.

Thanks in advance for you help.
Matt Romanowski
Why does it have to be billet?
Mark Henry
Jegs?
Randal
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Oct 4 2006, 01:27 PM) *

It doesn't, but if someone is building a dual billet oil filter, with "o" rings, you know the quality is going to be better.

The question is why build a very very ($$$$$) engine and put stuff on it that that isn't high quality with absolute performance in mind.

I mean why stop spending money now wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(Matt Romanowski @ Oct 4 2006, 01:27 PM) *

do you have a cast one, if so share the info smile.gif

Brad Roberts
Mueller,

can you look into making something that bolts to a 914 oil filter console and uses a Boxster oil filter? They are cartridges and are more friendly to the enviroment when thrown away (no steel)

Maybe something that bolts onto the stock block area and can use a Boxster plastic thread on holder and the cartridge style filter.

Just thinking out loud here...

B
eeyore
Are the filters going to be in series or parallel? Or, one for scavenge, one for pressure?
Matt Romanowski
I thought Moroso used to make one, but I can't find it. Amsoil makes billet ones designed for diesels.
http://www.amsoil.com/bypassfilters/instructions/BP137.pdf

If you want one for suction and one for pressure, you are better off using one of the little suction filters. I think Canton Meca makes them.
Randal
QUOTE(Cloudbuster @ Oct 4 2006, 02:32 PM) *

Are the filters going to be in series or parallel? Or, one for scavenge, one for pressure?

Parallel.
sixnotfour
http://www.petersonfluidsys.com/filter_acc.html
McMark
Jeff, that's cool!

IPB Image

And you can get the filter elements anywhere from 100 to 45 microns. drooley.gif
cnavarro
100 to 45 microns - you can drive a piston through that element. I'll stick to good 'ol paper or synthetic impregnated media thank you :-)
McMark
How many microns is a paper element? confused24.gif
Matt Romanowski
Canton Mecca is down to 8 microns.
McMark
Ah, shit. Well forget the drooley.gif then. Make it a barf.gif
sixnotfour
What we are looking for is a billet oil filter adapter allowing two (dual) filters.

Jeff, that's cool!

Ah, shit. Well forget the then. Make it a

Mark , I meant the link to show their billet filter mounts that take a screw on filter of choice, I like their's because they use the oringed AN fittinge instead of the standard pipe thread.

sorry you got caught eyeballing the racer stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.