Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Twisty tour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum > Past Event Planning Threads
Doug Leggins
I have been driving around the backroads of the county scouting out a twisty tour. I have come to the conclusion that the original route that Sean mapped out for the first FFC covers some of the best roads for the tour ---Good job Sean! Only a few changes are required to meet this year's plan. I found one of the original maps that was provided at the event and I really like the detail. I need to generate maps to give to the group. The original map looks similar to what I can pull up using Google maps, but I cannot get a large enough view.

Sean - How did you get the original map?

Anybody else have a good map program?
Pnambic
I've got Microsoft Streets and Trips.
seanery
I think I used Mapquest and did segments, then pieced it together.

I'll see if I have the original file that I used with me.
seanery
Nope, I lied. I bought a map/atlas of Indiana at KMart and scanned Southern Indiana scanned it and pieced it together.

I do have the original scans, but the file is VERY LARGE. I'll see if I can make a smaller version that you could use to show the changes. I could then make them and send you a finished map to print.
Doug Leggins
Where did you get the milage between points info? Drive and jot it down, or off of a website?
seanery
I drove it and wrote everything down as I did it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.