Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need help removing tie rods
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
watsonrx13
OK, I've removed the castellated nut, added PB Blaster for the last 3 days, placed a jack stand underneath the front brake disc, pounded on the side of the spindle where the tie rod bolt goes through, used a gear puller type tie rod removal tool, but still no movement.

Any other recommendations. BTW, I'll be replacing the tie rod with a turbo version...

-- Rob
Allan
Get a pickle fork.

You're going to end up replacing the tie-rod ends anyway. You can get one cheap at any flaps and it'll make short work of the seperation.
watsonrx13
QUOTE(Headrage @ Oct 5 2006, 08:02 PM) *

Get a pickle fork.

You're going to end up replacing the tie-rod ends anyway. You can get one cheap at any flaps and it'll make short work of the seperation.

Thanks Allan, I'll try that next.... smile.gif
watsonrx13
Allen, success.... mueba.gif

I used the pickle fork and a 3# smash.gif ....

Click to view attachment

BTW, I also jacked up the control arm and put a jack stand underneath the brake disc to relieve the pressure from the tie-rod ends....

Click to view attachment

The front suspension is now removed..... time for a refreshment.... beer3.gif

Click to view attachment

If anyone is interested in the progress of this project and any others I've done, please check my signature for my website....

-- Rob
Joe Ricard
Hey Rob, I think you hit it one too many times. The whole freaking suspension fell out.

Man I'm not messing with you no more.
PORobinSCHE
isn't that the car you just bought? already broken?? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.