Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pics of Gary Dorighi's green sublte flared 914?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
contact info would be nice as well smile.gif

I've met him once at ClubSport a few years back in Fremont, not sure if he still lives or works in the area, ...I love the flare job which is hard to tell from this one picture I have....

Click to view attachment
DanT
Mike PM me.
DanT
here is one at speed from the rear. biggrin.gif
Mueller
thanks for the info....I was hoping to be able to bribe him with a cup of coffee or something to allow me to take some measurments and see the car in person again smile.gif

Brian Mifsud
nice car, are those BBS wheels? Or enkie?

Size?
DanT
some other pics
Dave_Darling
He should still be in the area; I work with his wife... smile.gif

--DD
Mueller
QUOTE(Brian Mifsud @ Oct 9 2006, 04:11 PM) *

nice car, are those BBS wheels? Or enkie?

Size?

BBS rims, 15x8....I "think" he might have been running 225's on them, it's been a few years since I've seen the car and talked to him.

I was hoping to be able to do a test fit of my 17x8s with 245's on his car but I forgot his is 5 lug and my rims are 4 lug....
Andyrew
I've seen him at a couple autox's a long time ago...
I think he sliced the top of the fender and the back, pulled it out and replaced it with metal...

but thats now what you were asking smile.gif
race914
Gary is the Chief Instructor for the PCA-GGR Timetrial series and can be contacted here

Gary's car is exceptional and he fits Goodyear Cantilever Slicks under those flares!
Mueller
QUOTE(race914 @ Oct 9 2006, 05:35 PM) *

Gary is the Chief Instructor for the PCA-GGR Timetrial series and can be contacted here

Gary's car is exceptional and he fits Goodyear Cantilever Slicks under those flares!

wow, that is a lot of tire....

thanks...

Mueller
QUOTE(JPB @ Oct 15 2006, 01:01 PM) *

Man, this is well worth a trip to the paint shop and putting a hault on all operations. That is the easiest and sweetest flare job I've ever seen. Probably only two pounds of extra sheet metal for the job and a little bondo. If I go at it blindly, how much should it come out passed the stock fender location?

depends on the wheel/tire combo...for mine we have figured out that 1" should cover it.....the key thing is removing the slight taper the rear fender has and make the opening "flatter" if you viewed it from the top of the fender looking down.

beer.gif THNX

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.