Martin Baker
Martin Baker
echocanyons
Might be close enough for some of us central cal folks to attend. idea.gif

Now if only I had a functional car. sad2.gif
porschecb
Sat. or Sun. I like lunch the best. It lasts longer. biggrin.gif idea.gif
Alison Baker
Martin, since your at work...can I ask you when is the 1st one ?
Martin Baker
//////////
porschecb
How about Sat. Nov. 11th? Thats a month from now.
porschecb
Wow!!!!!! 24 votes!! That would be a hell of a turn out! confused24.gif Something tells me other people are voting but do not live near here? WTF.gif idea.gif ohmy.gif type.gif screwy.gif
Martin Baker
porschecb
30 Now! Wow! I don't care where we meet. I don't think anybody does. Another place is Palm Street Bar & Grill in Carmichael. We had one there not long ago. great parking, great food and I can reserve a special area. (Just an idea). Not that just it is close to me but a great menu. Everybody chime in where!!!!!!
eg914
Weekends (Saturday) are easier to travel a distance. Though I voted for breakfast, lunch would make more sense if people from farther away were showing up.

I don't have any location suggestions, but defer to the wisdom of the group (is that a bad idea?)

Nov. 11 sounds like a good start.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(eg914 @ Oct 10 2006, 10:04 PM) *

Weekends (Saturday) are easier to travel a distance. Though I voted for breakfast, lunch would make more sense if people from farther away were showing up.

I don't have any location suggestions, but defer to the wisdom of the group (is that a bad idea?)

Nov. 11 sounds like a good start.

My gosh! Who is voting on this? 45 votes and counting!

BJ's Brew Pub is good in Folsom. Cheezers is good. Another good place is Texas West in Roseville. Mel's Diner in Sacramento at Howe and FO Blvd. Nice places in Elk Grove too...
Martin Baker
porschecb
15 People? Would still be a huge amount of people & cars! I like it. Now lets see who you are. confused24.gif drooley.gif
porschecb
Ok! Now let's Do a location! No! Let's do a poll! I do not go out to as many locations like Rob does but they all seem like great places. So......... Lets here it!

I am up for anywhere I will be there! (I know we have time) biggrin.gif
bondo
I voted because I have family in Sacramento and visit occasionally. I voted for when I would most likely be able to attend. (Weekends)
eg914
I get 3 votes! I only used one so far. Hey, is this like three wishes from a genie?

I wish I had a GT
I wish I had unlimited gas
Now for the car

careful what you wish for blink.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschecb @ Oct 11 2006, 07:06 PM) *

Ok! Now let's Do a location! No! Let's do a poll! I do not go out to as many locations like Rob does but they all seem like great places. So......... Lets here it!

I am up for anywhere I will be there! (I know we have time) biggrin.gif

I think we want to set this up as a regular thing. How about each month on the Saturday closest to the 14th since this is a 914 holy day. So given that, our first could be Saturday the 11th at Cheezer's in Rancho Cordova at lets say 12:00 noon? We can rotate locations but lets keep the Saturday closest to the 14th thing going on... beerchug.gif
Alison Baker
Sound's good ...Martin and I are going too have a busy week that week...We will be out Monday as its our Wedding Anniversary, out Thursday going too a Concert and then out Saturday with you guy's !!!
Cheezer's has awesome food, and parking lot is just right for the event .

See you all then

I think we want to set this up as a regular thing. How about each month on the Saturday closest to the 14th since this is a 914 holy day. So given that, our first could be Saturday the 11th at Cheezer's in Rancho Cordova at lets say 12:00 noon? We can rotate locations but lets keep the Saturday closest to the 14th thing going on... beerchug.gif
[/quote]
porschecb
Sounds good to me. I like it when a plan comes togeather. (Alison how soon do need the plates back?)
Alison Baker
QUOTE(porschecb @ Oct 12 2006, 09:24 AM) *

Sounds good to me. I like it when a plan comes togeather. (Alison how soon do need the plates back?)

Micheal, I don't want those plates back....keep 'em or trash 'em !
Tobra
I am often working on Saturdays, but that would still be a better day for me. We could perhaps work it so we do them around town. Someplace off Garden Hwy, like Swabbies before the rains start, or the Sonic in Woodland, or Yuba City wherever that is; maybe someplace in Fairfield or Vacaville too, be more likely to pull people into participating if you can make it convenient from various locations.

Northern California encompasses a lot of territory, we could make it a scenic route to Poor Reds in Auburn, or in someplace in the Delta how about Al the Wop's(probalby can't say that here) in Locke?, make the journey equal or even superior to the conversation discussing it.

Hell(can I say that here?), we could even do a 914's at V.Sattui or some other convenient winery in Napa or Sonoma. The crush is coming up.
porschecb
I like your ideas Toby. We could do a local lunch then a tour type lunch. Its to bad with all the people you see on the members map more people would join us or at least look at club site more often to see stuff like this. Oh well! I like Martin's idea to let PCA know about what we are up to. I know I will list these events on Ebay for free (Porsche 914) then see who shows up. biggrin.gif piratenanner.gif clap56.gif happy11.gif idea.gif
Martin Baker
..........-->
porschecb
We will need an address at sometime. biggrin.gif
Martin Baker
Cheezer's Gourmet Pizza/Pasta, 10827 Olson Dr
Rancho Cordova CA

(916) 859-0808

How this Mikey?
Tobra
perfect, Sunrise across the river to Zinfandel. May even persuade the wife to attend.

thanks BTW. My brother has a bark collar you can probably borrow. They work
Martin Baker
Tobra
Our dog only needed the collar for a while, broke him of the habit. You just had to show him the collar and he would stop barking.

I am sort of afraid to bolt it down, would need the wheel to be in there face down, fear scraping it up, though it does have a good sized ding in the lip from a fireman being a little less than careful with it as he tossed it out the hole he chopped in the side of the house.
Martin Baker
Toby with the tire properly inflated, it will not rub on the trunk floor, unless the floor is bent. Has the front of your car been hit?
Hoss
Is there anyone attending the Nov. 11th Nor Cal Martinfest that would happen to be travelling back to So Cal area? I am trying to work some logistics on transporting two '75 bumpers from Sactown to somewhere withing striking distance to San Diego.

If anyone is able/willing to run the parts, please PM me.

Sorry for the hijacked.gif and hope you all have a great event in any regards.

Cheers,

Hoss
Martin Baker
It's quite a drive for Bay Area folks to attend, I went to one of the 914 Breakfasts in Santa something, 2 hour drive each way, it was an all day deal for me...so someone from SoCal is a SUPER DUPER long shot, but all 914 Folks are Welcome, and encouraged to attend!

stones.gif
Hoss
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 18 2006, 02:46 PM) *

...so someone from SoCal is a SUPER DUPER long shot...

So you are saying there's a chance...great!

I hear you with both ears Martin, I just thought I would ask in any regards since the worst case is it would give your thread a bump.

No harm, no foul.
Alison Baker
We hope you get your bumpers one way or another!

Alison
Martin Baker
Tobra
I invited my brother in law, he tends to be a bit overcommitted though, will check on the tie down thing, it does not really slide around, it just looked like it would rub, I had not checked it, has been hit, but not bad enough to do anything like that, I suppose I should not be too worried about this one anyway, got a bit of a chop mark on it

Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
i'll be at the AX in stockton. my parents live there and this way i can tell my mom i came only to see her...oh what?? there is an auto cross event in stockton the same weekend, must be my lucky day?!?!?smile.gif
Martin Baker
porschecb
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
Martin Baker
icon_bump.gif
biosurfer1
Martin,
Which car are you bringing to the autocross this weekend so I know what to look for?
Martin Baker
biosurfer1
ah too bad..i'll just have to meet you at the lunch on the 11th.

anyone else going to be at the autox this weekend in stockton?
Martin Baker
biosurfer1
sounds good...i'll have to check out those flairs, i like em!
Tobra
QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 26 2006, 09:35 PM) *

Maybe have a volunteer to trailer the blue car...so look for this!

If you got a trailer, I can get a truck. May even make the wife come and bring a little charcoal grill and make us lunch(actually the chances of the wife coming and cooking for us are slim, but the truck thing is solid)
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Tobra @ Oct 27 2006, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(Martin Baker @ Oct 26 2006, 09:35 PM) *

Maybe have a volunteer to trailer the blue car...so look for this!

If you got a trailer, I can get a truck. May even make the wife come and bring a little charcoal grill and make us lunch(actually the chances of the wife coming and cooking for us are slim, but the truck thing is solid)

Martin has my trailer anytime he wants it as long as I don't need it and since I am towing the club trailer down behind my truck I guess I don't need it. What I do need is a way to get my car down there. Volunteers?
Alison Baker
Martin and I are out for tomorrows AX. I am having my gall bladder removed on Monday.

Alison
porschecb
Sorry to hear that! Hope everything works out ok! Wanda had hers removed not long ago. You will end up just fine!

Michael & Wanda
Martin Baker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.