Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 2.0 in nj
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
this isnt my car...but i found it for sale so i figured id notify some people here...the car needs help..but it looks like it has some good parts on it

http://s29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/puggg1/?start=120

price seems right too....
type11969
Where in NJ?
Dr Evil
Looks worth it to me. 2.0 eng, 2 ltr fuchs, interior is not too bad. This is an East coast dream car.
type11969
You clearly forgot the whale tail. Definitely worth it for that!

Definitely interested in checking this one out.

-Chris
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Oct 11 2006, 03:58 AM) *

...but i found it for sale so i figured id notify some people here...
price seems right too....

...okay...I give up.

Photobucket ???

Where's the price and location of the car Aaron??...or do you have to "join" photobucket to find out?
nycchef
group buy? couple o' hundred apiece. chop it up, good return on needed parts alone. find out where it is i,ll go look at it.
jd74914
where is it? and how would I contact the owner? i'm seriously interested.
ptravnic
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 11 2006, 11:26 AM) *

group buy? couple o' hundred apiece. chop it up, good return on needed parts alone. find out where it is i,ll go look at it.

Richie - I'll go halves w/you on it if we can park it in Hazlet for a couple weeks while we strip it. I can store the parts in Buffalo - just no room for another chassis.

-pt
i love porsche
the car is in camden county

here is the person's email skamanpug@comcast.net

maybe a few of us could take a trip down..i would like this car but im just so broke now..but ill help anyone pick it up/chop it up

then we could put that rear decklid on Nate's car...
type11969
Camden County is up in my hood, e-mailed the guy to see whats up. Probably try to go check it out this weekend/maybe sooner. I've got a 914 flat tow bar and some Beetle wheels/tires, all I need is a vehicle with a hitch and I could have it in my garage. 914 chop part in Philly?

-Chris
ptravnic
Tricky Bus has a tow hitch...

Dr Evil
You guys would be wise to get it IMHO. You could sell the extras off. Nice find.

Side shift tranny? idea.gif
nycchef
is this gonna be a group buy? if so we need to set some ground rules. i don't want everyone fighting over who gets the whale fin.
type11969
Yeah, I don't know how a group buy would work out. I think everyone is going to want the same stuff off the car.
Dr Evil
Everyone should sumbit a list of what they want, then the inspecting party can check to see if those parts are available and advise. Then everyone that has a shot at what they want can pitch in. I can use the tranny, engine bar and shifter stuff and will pitch in if noone else wants it.

Only a suggestion, though. You all have a point about parts wants/needs.
rmital
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Oct 11 2006, 07:45 AM) *

then we could put that rear decklid on Nate's car...

av-943.gif
ptravnic
I think the core engine is desireable.

Count me in as part of the purchasing group.

-pt
i love porsche
i really wish i had the money now to buy it...i want the engine and sideshift parts...but ill help to part it nonetheless
Leo Imperial
chairfall.gif av-943.gif No wait ok I'm ok no wait av-943.gif av-943.gif

Ok, Ok, so a group buy for $800 and nate buys the tail from the group for $1000. av-943.gif

I'll tow it!
nycchef
for me, center console. maybe guages, door panels. we should do it because it makes no sense to. none of us needs another 914 lying around, so lets do it and sort it out later. i.m bored.
turboman808
I'll take the back pad. Check is in the mail for the wing.
nycchef
whats the silver thingy under the dash. i might need one of those, it looks shiny
type11969
Damn, someone moved crazy fast on this one, allegedly checked the car out today/possibly placed a deposit. Was it one of you guys?

Found out the Mahles aren't included.

-Chris
jd74914
did you go check it out? or just email him?
type11969
Just e-mailed/called. It is titled, but definitely just a parts car (longs are rusty). Allegedly the trunks are in decent shape, but thats about it for the steel (both doors appear to be either rusty or dented, all fenders have either rust outs or cut outs). Interior looks okay, can see the mold in the pics, could go either way when seeing in real life. I'm going to try to see it either later this week or this weekend if it is still around, sucks that the wheels aren't included though. I'll let you know the status later tonight.

Chef, did you head down to check it out? I know you are bored . . .

-Chris
nycchef

Chef, did you head down to check it out? I know you are bored . . .

-not me, i am bored but i not that quick. i guess we just wait and see.
RS22b
that would be a fun project. I wish i didnt have to spend anymore money on my other cars i would buy it and crowd up my neighborhood!!!

type11969
Apparently still available, guy today didn't show up . . .
i love porsche
lets get down there this weekend!
type11969
Well crap, should have taken the day off work. Deposit has been placed, car being taken on Sat. Could have used a lot off of it . . .

So who took it? Interested in selling me the trunk floor and some other steel bits if you are cutting it up?
Dr Evil
Call back Sun, 914 buyers tend to be flakey wink.gif
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 12 2006, 11:32 AM) *

Interested in selling me the trunk floor and some other steel bits

....let's talk.
nycchef

....let's talk.
[/quote]
talk? why ...do you have one of those shiny silver thingies that go under the dashboard....i didn't think so
hey how do you guys get those nice boxes around the quotes?
rmital

talk? why ...do you have one of those shiny silver thingies that go under the dashboard....i didn't think so

no shiny thingies...but if Chris is interested in any steely bits to get off the green 914, it might be better to do before Ronny stashes it outside.
type11969
If you are going to cut up that green 914, then I'm definitely interested in pulling some steel off it, but I though it was going to be rebuilt? It would be a shame for it to not be rebuilt, yeah, it will never be a show car, but it still could be a good driver.

Let me know.

rmital
QUOTE(nycchef @ Oct 12 2006, 11:49 AM) *

hit reply and it should do automatically....or you could just use the quote button....or maybe it's just an age thing. I'm sure my computer skills will diminish in about 4 more years... biggrin.gif
rmital
QUOTE(type11969 @ Oct 12 2006, 11:55 AM) *

but it still could be a good driver.

Let me know.

....considered over and over; then over again

it's tough enough...I'm mean fun enough keeping the one running well.
type11969
I hear ya, well, let me know. Have sawzall, will travel.
ptravnic
how did this play out?
boxstr
This looks more like a classified ad..
type11969
Never heard back from the seller after he told me someone placed a deposit on it, I'm guessing the car was picked up on Sat . . . just curious who nabbed it. I wonder if it was someone here, a lurker perhaps??

Could have really used some parts off of it, oh well.
jd74914
I emailed him and would have grabbed it, but my dad and I decided we didn't have room. If we had gotten it we would have restored it, but now its probably going under the sawzall sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.