Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CLEAN BEHIND THOSE ROCKER COVERS DAMMIT!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
zoiks. dry.gif

k
URY914
Dude, stay off the CRACK!!!
MrKona
That looks familiar... wink.gif
Loser_Cruiser
Yeah I ve seen that too.
hmeeder
Shaved 5 pounds off the car

rhodyguy
missed me by that much...just surface. no holes. i batted .500 on those 6 pesky screws that hold the bottom of the rockers. other than that it's a piece o' cake. thumb3d.gif smoke.gif

k
GaroldShaffer
BTDT Lucky that this was all the damage I found, easy enough fix.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rjames

Itsa914:
I would poke the surface rust that's visible w/ a screw driver now that you've got
part of the jack plate off. Mine looked like that too and it turned out that I had to cut into a bit of the longs as well. You'll at least want to get more of that lower part of whats left of the jack plate and maybe the sides as well where the plate sits flush against the long. Rust can form in there around the spot welds. That way you can get a wire wheel or sanding disk in there and completely get rid of the rust. Removing the part of the jack plate that sits flush against the long can be done without cutting into or damaging the long itself- it's not easy, but it can be done.

Just my 2 cents from experience. beer.gif
sww914
Spread a bunch of Rust-oleum around in there, it prevents rust according to the ads.

Hee Hee, this is a joke, don't do it.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rjames @ Oct 11 2006, 10:27 PM) *

Itsa914:
I would poke the surface rust that's visible w/ a screw driver now that you've got
part of the jack plate off. Mine looked like that too and it turned out that I had to cut into a bit of the longs as well. You'll at least want to get more of that lower part of whats left of the jack plate and maybe the sides as well where the plate sits flush against the long. Rust can form in there around the spot welds. That way you can get a wire wheel or sanding disk in there and completely get rid of the rust. Removing the part of the jack plate that sits flush against the long can be done without cutting into or damaging the long itself- it's not easy, but it can be done.

Just my 2 cents from experience. beer.gif

Yep I did all that, everything was cool clap56.gif I'm not a welder, I had a friend do that for me.
bd1308
oh man thats gives me shudders

I have a plan to weld up my cars every few years, next time i'm going for VERY pretty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.