Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: who can tell about this front swaybar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
asdf
Ferg
dunno but can't wait to hear, it's the same one I got in my 74.

Ferg biggrin.gif
URY914
Could be a "H & H" adjustible. Popular in the '70's.
Ferg
Are the triangular plates in the wheel well different too. Mine are, and the bushings are hard plastic cylindrical shape, not tapered rubber like oem replacements.

Ferg
rhodyguy
look familiar mike? i don't know about the bushings. old school, too cool. thumb3d.gif

k
Heeltoe914
Its better than stock you get some adj, Consider it and upgrade.
Check the size of the bar it mite be bigger than stock.
Aaron Cox
H and H bar... should be 19mm.....
rhodyguy
i'm not pulling it. i just wanted a few details regarding it.

k
iamchappy
It's a H&H, I had one in my 73.
Heeltoe914
If you are going to keep it enjoy it, its a good bar. But looking at all that road dirt around it and on it think about removing the brackets and lubing up the solid buchings I think are in there.
Ferg
Yep, that's what I have as well! Mine's out of the car, and bushings are pretty worn. Is there still are source for them? Or heavy lube and reuse?

Ferg
Series9
Yep, I got to see this stuff first-hand on Monday at Ferg's.

He said Pelican(?) sent him the wrong front SB bushings. When he showed me the bushings they sent, I said 'those are correct'.

He said 'well they look nothing like these' and I said 'those are definitely not stock'.

Interesting.
rhodyguy
honest mistake on both ends. mystery solved. i bet someone at paragon can help you now that you know what type of bar you have.

k
jones
Very cool!
tommy914
a bit of technical data on your sway bar.
Howard
It's the one I have in Suzi. Now I know it's an H&H biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info.
jones
Cool chart tommy914. Do you have one? If so what do you think? Bushings still available? What's the scoop???
Series9
That's not the one Ferg has. His bushing is cylindrical and doesn't have the 'U' shape bracket to secure it.

Hmmm.
Series9
This is what Ferg has. It's different from the drawing for the H&H.

Howard
Here's mine. Is it is or is it ain't?
Series9
Howard, that's the factory bushing and cap.
sixnotfour
H&H had two designs the second deisgn like factory cap ,It is flat plate triangle wth pipe welded to it.(like Rohdyguys)
Horward has H&H arms maybe bar too, factory cap as Joe said.
TimT
H&H had two designs the second deisgn like factory cap

werd up agree.gif

I have a H&H on my 911 that I purchased almost 20 years ago. I also have the documentation. I wore the bushings out years ago, and just made some replacements out of delrin. A few minutes on the lathe was all it took

The alternate H&H mount was to convert cars from under-body to through-body swaybars. The tubs had the stamping where the bar passed through, even though the cars had underbody bars.
914werke
You mean like these?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Series9
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Oct 12 2006, 09:00 PM) *

That's what Ferg has.
tommy914
QUOTE(jones @ Oct 12 2006, 06:47 PM) *

Cool chart tommy914. Do you have one? If so what do you think? Bushings still available? What's the scoop???

Yes, still have one attached. I like it, but I would never run it as stiff as the one shown in the first picture. I haven't needed replacement bushings yet. I also replaced the droplinks with weltmeister adjustable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.