Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
toon1
Iv'e searched the archives. where is the location that needs to be drilled to get the tumbler out of the housing??
dlo914
i dont recall the need to drill out the tumbler. when i removed the tumbler i first removed the steering wheel, and then proceeded to remove the necessary screws and the tumbler slid right out.
URY914
QUOTE(dlo914 @ Oct 12 2006, 06:43 PM) *

i dont recall the need to drill out the tumbler. when i removed the tumbler i first removed the steering wheel, and then proceeded to remove the necessary screws and the tumbler slid right out.

agree.gif no need to drill anything.
914Sixer
The 75-76 tumbler with the key requires you drill hole to release it. The lock assembly comes right out like the 72-on. The factory manual has the dimensions. If you need a copy email me at a914nut@email.com with your address.
toon1
I have the switch assembly out of the colum. I am trying to get the lock part out of the body. Looking thorough the archives there is reference to driiling a hole in the switch body to remove the key tumbler portion.

Is there a source for new key switches, pelican has them a NLA.
toon1
I was able to get the key assembly apart.

Is there any interest on a pictorial on dissasembly, cleaning and reassembly of the key portion of the ignition switch??
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.