Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: injector problem 1.7 Djet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A TV dinner
well its come down to this. i an almost mechanically finished with the teener. i recently picked up a remanufactured fuel pump with 4 remanufactured injectors, all of which work correctly. when the parts are installed however, two of the male plugs off of the wire harness dont work. plugs for cylinder injector numbers 1 and 4.

what going on here, im pretty much at a dead end????

thanks
~alex~ blink.gif

IPB Image
bottomend
Obvioulsy it's the mismatched wheels. Try reversing them and see what happens. Pease post results.
A TV dinner
QUOTE(bottomend @ Oct 12 2006, 09:36 PM) *

Obvioulsy it's the mismatched wheels. Try reversing them and see what happens. Pease post results.

wacko.gif haha well i figured if i kept the pretty wheels closer to the engine, the car would work in my favor.....BUT its obviously not.....wierd reasoning huh....
bd1308
Trigger points at the base of the distributor. D-jet fires in alternating pairs, mmaking a X pattern on your engine. 1/4 and 2/3 get juice at the same time, check for corroded wires at trigger points connector, or check the trigger points themselves. I have two floating somewhere in ohio.
Heeltoe914
Also check the Eng, block grd.
Mueller
I take it you have never seen this site???

Brad Anders D-jet info

explains the hows and whys and how to troubleshoot they system..
dmenche914
A failed power transitor in the D-jet brain will also cause these injectors to fail, there are two power transistor that serve two each injectors. If the injector wires get accidently shorted to each other, that can kill the power transisto in the brain, don't ask how I know that one. Hope it is something simple like the trigger points or a bad ground. you might also fry the transistor with an ohm meter across the injector wires that go to the brain. it was a major OPPS on my part some years ago
tdgray
If that turns out to be the case (brain I mean) I have an extra brain.

I also have Britts trigger points biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.