Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why are 911 struts so hard to find?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
I've been half-heartedly looking for front five lug conversion parts. I'm surprised by how little there is out there and how quickly it gets snapped up. I would think that there are more and more older 911s getting junked/wrecked every day, thereby increasing the supply of struts beyond demand. But it doesn't seem to be true. Where are all the struts going? confused24.gif

My situation is complicated by the fact that I already have calipers and hubs, and I don't want 911 A-arms. So I only need the struts.
So.Cal.914
It's those two Brothers from Texas again, they are stock pileing struts and

waiting for the market price to go up then they will fload the market and

make a killing. Tried it first with silver but got caught. rolleyes.gif
Mueller
Mark....remember that set you gave me???

want them back??? biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
I'm sure things aren't helped by the 911 Bilstein struts that have internal bushings which locate the inserts (shocks). Eventually those wear, and the strut wobbles a bit, which feels a lot like loose wheel bearings.

Guess how I know this?

--DD (Who is looking for some SC struts for His Attorney's car...)
TimT
I have a set of bare boge struts. They are available. I also have the koni inserts that fit.

make me an offer
J P Stein
I have heard, but haven't checked to confirm, that Bilstein
can rebush strut housings. I have a spare set that need this done.
Call Jack @ Bilstein West 1 800 537 1085.
914Sixer
I have a spare set I am holding on to.
Brad Roberts
The typical parts places sell complete front ends, and not just struts typically.

Check on new prices. You might be surprised.

B
pete-stevers
i know every one is anti AA but i have bought two billys off them for what i thought to be a reasonable price.....i think it took a week to get them....that was a year ago....brand new.....400 bucks....half the price of the billy dealer here in canada.....
and my spares are bent.....
but..... popcorn[1].gif
Joe Bob
Just talked to GPR...he has a set of Konis...used, $750. Bills, new 400 each.

he also has a 76 Targa parts car...engine and tranny are gone.
McMark
That's exactly my point. Why are a set of struts $750? Did more cars come with Bilstein struts, so people are converting to Koni/Boge? EASY says they sell bare struts for $175 a piece. Which isn't bad, but they don't have any. sad.gif PartsHeaven is $275 each. ohmy.gif I just don't get it. Apparently I'm the only one... confused24.gif Why is there a shortage of struts?
anthony
FWIW, I've had the best luck finding local items that are heavy to ship by posting a WTB ad on the Pelican 911 for sale board.
3liter914-6

My situation is complicated by the fact that I already have calipers and hubs, and I don't want 911 A-arms. So I only need the struts.

I have a set of Bilstein strut assemblies with good bils (they were good when I took them off at least, I just wanted konis). I'll sell them for whatever going rate is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.