Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: where is the temp sensor for temp gauge exactly?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dhopkins
I am trying to get the temp gauge to work. Where exactly is the sensor located? Is it right behind the distributor? Thanks in advance.

Don
Mueller
oil temp is under the motor if your motor has one....

oil pressure is next to the distributor
rhodyguy
oem/stock temp sendor is located on the bottom, dr side front of the engine (see picture). the wire runs up behind the fan shroud. it's secured with a little metal tab, again behind the fan shroud.

k
Bleyseng
has this special plate to fit the sender in.

IPB Image
rhodyguy
look for this.
dhopkins
Can't find it. Look at attached pic and tell me where it is.

don from philly
rhodyguy
and you may find one of these.

k
dhopkins
another pic
dhopkins
another
Bleyseng
you don't have one so I would source one in the classifieds or Jake Raby has a few.
rhodyguy
it's the big round thing next to the bar in post #6. you're missing the cover plate i pictured in post #5. plus i can't see the wire section. there may still be pictures of the whole package in the classifieds from when i sold one.

k
Bleyseng
red circled plate is a non temp sender plate
dhopkins
But my car has a gauge and 3 wires running to it? HOW CAN THIS BE/

DON
Bleyseng
and the gauge works right? Could be its mounted somewhere else, like a dipstick sensor..

look for it!
if its doesn't work this is why, no sender. confused24.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(dhopkins @ Oct 14 2006, 04:32 PM) *

But my car has a gauge and 3 wires running to it? HOW CAN THIS BE/

DON

has someone possibly owned the car before you??? biggrin.gif

good chance you have the sender, just no wire going to it........motor might have been replaced (almost certain it's been removed at least once)
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
What you need is on E-bay right now. ( not my add) # 130037129185 you will still need O-rings,and metal gaskets,for the bolts,and the bolts,or you will have one hell of a oil leak. Good luck! Dave slap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.