Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine Stand Adapter Ring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porsche914dl
HI, friends,
Does anyone got a sketch with size & details about the adapter ring to use for mounting the engiune to an ordinary engine stand so that I can make one.
THanks.

POrsche914dl
Mueller
QUOTE(porsche914dl @ Oct 14 2006, 02:17 PM) *

HI, friends,
Does anyone got a sketch with size & details about the adapter ring to use for mounting the engiune to an ordinary engine stand so that I can make one.
THanks.

POrsche914dl

if you have an engine or transmission in front of you, you have the dims you need...
John
I drew one in AutoCAD.
porsche914dl
Hi, there,
thanks for all the input.

Hi, Mueller: I think I need the ring before I dismounted the engine. Thanks anyway.

HI, Johnman: Thanks. Got it. Will draw it out to see. Thanks alot.

Porsche914dl
Mueller
QUOTE(porsche914dl @ Oct 15 2006, 12:30 AM) *

Hi, there,
thanks for all the input.

Hi, Mueller: I think I need the ring before I dismounted the engine. Thanks anyway.

I figured you suffered the same sickness as most and had at least an extra motor and transmission laying around smile.gif

HI, Johnman: Thanks. Got it. Will draw it out to see. Thanks alot.

Porsche914dl

John
If you make some, or have it made, I would like one. I know there is someone out there that has them made in China and regularly sells them on e-bay for fairly cheap. Right now their name escapes me.

Note:

My drawing was made to be able to WELD the ring to something.

If you want to BOLT this ring to a standard type 4-arm engine stand, you will need to drill and tap some holes in it.

I found it cost prohibitive to have a machine shop make these so the project ended right there. These rings can be had for less than $150.00

The first "ring" I ever had made was made by one of my friend's dad for free. He was a great old school machinist and a great guy. I miss him.
dflesburg
I tried to have two made last summer, turned out it was cheaper to just buy them from

http://www.mainelycustombydesign.com/

you can get just the ring or get the whole thing there...
Joe Bob
http://www.mainelycustombydesign.com/engine_components.html

Second pic down....
GeorgeRud
I've been using one of their adapter rings for the last year of so and it's a very nicely made piece. Unfortunately, you can't get to the flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate with the adapter alone (at least with my old engine stand). If I did it again, I'd spring the extra and get the one with the attached arms and engine stand adapter, not just the ring.
PRS914-6
If you are going to split the cases, you obviously need the ring. If not, you can use the standard engine stand without any problems at all. You just need 4 spacers easily made at home to clear around the flange on the case where the tranny goes. If needed, I'll post a picture.
anthony
I bought this adaptor on ebay. Seems plenty beefy for a type IV engine:

IPB Image

You can also find the ring adaptor on ebay for $150.
jd74914
You never really need the ring laugh.gif

I rebuilt my engine without a stand and it all worked out well. I just built a little table for the engine to sit on that I didn't mind dirtying
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.