Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AZ folks, how about a Toys 4 Tots run?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MoveQik
I talked to Greg Robbins today and he would like to do another Toys for Tots run this year. Last year it was a good time meeting up north of Phoenix. It looks like this year we will be heading south to the Casa Grande area.(calling all Tucson folks...wink, wink, and Ernie you can make a road trip out of it)

We need to pick a date and then details can be ironed out from there. Last year we did a breakfast and then a few of us headed out for a drive. So plan on only half-day or so.

We are planning on December 9th or 10th. Which works better for the masses?

burnout.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif

PS - Greg is also talking with the Del Sol crowd. They might join us again like they did two years ago.
JoeSharp
I remember something about Targa's for Tots.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
ThinAir
I'm in. I think that weekend will work for me. I don't care about going south - I'll just have to spend the night at my daughter's place and see the grandkids. Now there's a tough assignment! biggrin.gif

I'd sure go back to Rock Springs again. That was a great place.

Since no one from AZ was interested or available to come north this weekend, I guess I'll just head south!
gregrobbins
Rock Springs again might work out good. I think they have a little more room at the Cafe. The place has "character." And there are some good twisty roads that can be utilized to get there. How about some others voicing an opinion.

Targa's for Tots, cool.

Happy to help the Marines and the kids!
ThinAir
Another place up that way that always catches my eye is "Byler's Amish Kitchen" in Black Canyon City. I've only seen the sign on the highway and know nothing about it, but it always sounds interesting!
WaideS
I'm in

I'd choose Rock Springs over Black Canyon City, probably more roads to take around Rock Springs. As far as I know BCC has I-17 and dirt roads surrounding it.
MoveQik
Ummmm....let me re-read my first post.....yep, I did say SOUTH of Phoenix this year. Let's try again folks. biggrin.gif

Unless plans have changed......Greg?
ThinAir
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 18 2006, 06:26 AM) *

Ummmm....let me re-read my first post.....yep, I did say SOUTH of Phoenix this year. biggrin.gif

Yup, I read that too. And just exactly what does that have to do with this discussion? blink.gif
TravisNeff
I may be in, no 914 though.
azbill
I'm in, the teener just might be ready by then - I hope. We should be back from the Mexican cruise by then.

Bill Shaffer
AZ914
I'm in.. I'd prefer the 9th but could swing the morning of the 10th if necessary... South of PHX would be great. Not quite as picturesque as northern AZ or far southern AZ but it would be convenient for most. Plus this is just a fun run/breakfast or lunch etc.. I'm sure we could find some good roads around Casa Grande to play on.
WaideS
QUOTE(WaideS @ Oct 18 2006, 02:41 AM) *

I'm in

I'd choose Rock Springs over Black Canyon City, probably more roads to take around Rock Springs. As far as I know BCC has I-17 and dirt roads surrounding it.

Ooops, I was thinking of Red Rock, which is South of PHX past Casa Grande off of 17

I'm good with either day, but would probably prefer a Saturday. thumb3d.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Oct 18 2006, 08:35 AM) *

Ummmm....let me re-read my first post.....yep, I did say SOUTH of Phoenix this year. biggrin.gif

Yup, I read that too. And just exactly what does that have to do with this discussion? blink.gif

Because you are suggesting places NORTH. slap.gif
WaideS
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 18 2006, 12:46 PM) *

QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Oct 18 2006, 08:35 AM) *

Because you are suggesting places NORTH. slap.gif

So you're saying we should go up North Wills?????
biggrin.gif laugh.gif ohmy.gif av-943.gif chairfall.gif poke.gif thumb3d.gif

This ones for Kathy smoke.gif
MoveQik
Let me slow this dooowwwwnnnn for you. Now try to keep up.

In my initial post, I suggest we go somewhere south of Phoenix. Are you with me still?

Then you and Ernie both name places to the north. confused24.gif

So I reiterated(that means repeat, Stockhill) that we want to go south of Phoenix.

Good grief, I feel like I'm talking to my 5 year-old.
WaideS
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 18 2006, 01:08 PM) *

Let me slow this dooowwwwnnnn for you. Now try to keep up.

In my initial post, I suggest we go somewhere south of Phoenix. Are you with me still?

Then you and Ernie both name places to the north. confused24.gif

So I reiterated(that means repeat, Stockhill) that we want to go south of Phoenix.

Good grief, I feel like I'm talking to my 5 year-old.

I'm just kidding
Casa Grande is fantastic
I posted I thought Greg meant Red Rock(South), instead of Rock Cliffs(North), Geez

bryanc
Schedule permitting, I'm in!

And, I know which way is south!
Flat VW
I'll go where ever you fellas finally settle on.

Abbott and Costello, I swear. slap.gif

John wavey.gif

P.S. Go Bill--- cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

P.P.S. I gonna mention this to Laurie, I feel a hijacked.gif comin on..........
3d914
I'm in. How would you react if I suggested south-east? biggrin.gif

Just kiddin . . . South is fine.

TravisNeff
Southeast works great for me laugh.gif

Lunch at SanTan Flats (South Queen Creek)
MoveQik
Ok, it looks like the 9th works better for most. Mark your calendars for Saturday, Dec 9th.ore details to follow....
MoveQik
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 20 2006, 06:53 AM) *

Ok, it looks like the 9th works better for most. Mark your calendars for Saturday, Dec 9th.ore details to follow....

icon_bump.gif
Oops...I might have spoke too soon. It appears we are still undecided between the 9th & 10th. So keep both days open for now. We'll get a date nailed down ASAP. It also appears that the Del Sol guys are trying hard to make the event as well.
Cruzing
make sure to condense your final desision, all sounds good, can not wait ta go.. smile.gif
Cruzing
icon_bump.gif
gregrobbins
I will be talking to the Del Sols tonight and firm up a date. Will post here when I know.
JoeSharp
popcorn[1].gif
gregrobbins
Talked with the Del Sols.

Sunday the 10th is the day. Cars from all points will meet in Casa Grande at a restaurant (to be determined) at 10:30. Everyone needs to bring a new unwrapped toy in a package. Items that are not packaged like stuffed animals can not be accepted by the Marines.

Those wanting to meet up in the Phoenix area for the run South to Casa Grande, we are looking of a coffee place near I-10 and Ray Road. After the breakfast Chelby (Del Sol club President) is organizing a back road country drive from Casa Grande that will end up in Apache Junction where we can head home.

Anyone from Tucson willing to coordinate a meet up point for the 914s and Del Sols that will be headed north.

Should be a good day. Please PM, email, or post here if you plan to attend and how many people. That way I can coordinate with the restaurant.

We have a spare bed (and I am sure there are others) if anyone from California, Nevada or other locals want to participate.

Greg Robbins
602-291-3525
itsaporsche914
hey greg, count me as 2, hopefully in the 914 this year. she's still "GOT THE JACKs" james
AZ914
Greg,

I should be good for 2 people.

I can coordinate the Tucson folks. Pass my email address on to the del Sol's ( jluurs@yahoo.com )

Thanks
MoveQik
I am in for the 10th. Just me for now. We have room at our house for guests as well.
ThinAir
I'm in for December 10th. There will be 2 of us.
Toast
Why in the heck would anyone want to go South?

Oh, wait. Nevermind. rolleyes.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(Toast @ Oct 26 2006, 09:11 PM) *

South of Phoenix?? No Se?? No comprende, amiga.
gregrobbins

Uh, because its there....

Or, they know how to party drunk.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif piratenanner.gif chowtime.gif

Or maybe the event would be better if you showed up and shared your smile biggrin.gif
TravisNeff
Dammit Toast,

You can't comment unless you bring that cute little butt of yours down.. alfred.gif
gregrobbins
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Oct 26 2006, 10:33 PM) *

Dammit Toast,

You can't comment unless you bring that cute little butt of yours down.. alfred.gif

What he said thumb3d.gif
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif
driving.gif chowtime.gif driving.gif
Toast
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Oct 26 2006, 08:34 PM) *

South of Phoenix?? No Se?? No comprende, amiga.

I was poking fun because I'm pretty close to being as South as possible and still be in the US.

Thanks guys! smiley_notworthy.gif
I dont have another 200 mile tow until August of next year. So I can't plan any real long distance trips until then.
If I can catch a ride, i'll be there. beerchug.gif
9magazine
Looks like Brenda and I are in for this aswell. We might have to bring the Non-Porsche but we will be there. I can bring some door prizes as well!

Great talking to you the other night on the phone Toast... didn't notice the butt that everyone is talking about... did I miss something! LOL

Brian Minson
9magazine.com
gregrobbins
Hey Brian, glad you will be able to make it. Thanks for the door prize offer.

Appreciate your willingness to help gather Toys for the kids. Maybe a 914 Toys for Tots round up article in 9 Magazine with a photos from the various T4T runs abound the country?
Toast
QUOTE(9magazine @ Nov 7 2006, 04:34 PM) *

Looks like Brenda and I are in for this aswell. We might have to bring the Non-Porsche but we will be there. I can bring some door prizes as well!

Great talking to you the other night on the phone Toast... didn't notice the butt that everyone is talking about... did I miss something! LOL

Brian Minson
9magazine.com

Thanks Brian! It was great talking with you too!

Butt, I don't know what you are talking about. happy11.gif
Click to view attachment
MoveQik
icon_bump.gif biggrin.gif
WaideS
We have an extra room at the house also for some California crashers.......... thumb3d.gif
ThinAir
Do we have any more details yet on where we're headed and where we're meeting in Phoenix to head south?
gregrobbins
QUOTE(ThinAir914 @ Nov 18 2006, 07:29 PM) *

Do we have any more details yet on where we're headed and where we're meeting in Phoenix to head south?

Still in the final planning stages. Phoenix group will meet up at a coffee shot at I-10 amd Ray Road. 9:14 leave for Casa Grande. Breakfast @ 10:00, look over cars, shoot the bull, etc. 12:00 or so head on a nice back road drive to Apache Junction.

Jason is organizing a group leaving from Tucson. They can join us for part of the drive after breakfast and peal off on back roads to Tucson.

Should have everything firmed up in the next few day and will post more at that time.
JoeSharp
Had a good day here today Greg.
54 people and alot of gifts.
Click to view attachment
MoveQik
QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Nov 18 2006, 09:57 PM) *

Had a good day here today Greg.
54 people and alot of gifts.

Solid! thumb3d.gif
snflupigus
I'll be in Omaha that week.... but I can get something and drop it off to someone before I go. ? who's closest to ocotillo and mcqueen that is going?
3d914
Greg,

What's the latest from the Del Sol group -are they in?
Also, if you can dig up my fuel lines and bring them the 10th - I can settle up with you.

Looking forward to the 10th.

Enjoy!
Toast
QUOTE(WaideS @ Nov 18 2006, 09:05 AM) *

We have an extra room at the house also for some California crashers.......... thumb3d.gif

Kewl!

smoke.gif (actually, that may not be a good idea with the new Mini-Waide)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.