Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 bolt conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
orange914
what is the going $ for:

1 complete front 5 bolt conversion
2 complete rear 5 bolt
3 BOTH complete 5 bolt
4 porshe 5 bolt wheels(rough/generic price)

mueba.gif
brant
lots of options that effect price.

you can go 5 bolt by drilling and studding

or you can go 5 bolt by bolting in 911 stuff

or you can go 5 bolt by bolting in BIG 911 stuff with big brakes, different A-arms, everything...

wheels can run anywhere from: $50/each for a cookie cutter
to $2000/each for a 7inch 911R fuchs.

lots of options.
but its possible to do it for a grand.

brant
Eric_Shea
There's a lot involved and it depends on what you want to do.

For your 73 you could:

Purchase drilled 914 rotors - $295.00 (you'll need new bearings and seals)
Purchase 911 Struts - $350-$500 plus depending on how complete (brakes, cool strut inserts, new rotors, new bearings)

2 complete rear 5 bolt

Again, depends. How much work do you want to do yourself.

914 Hubs drilled to 5-lug $135.00 (you'll need new bearings at least)
911 Hubs - $150 +$400-500 for 914-6 stub axles if you buy right (you'll need new bearings as well.)
Complete bolt on 5-lug conversion arms $395.00 plus your cores (includes new bushings and bearings).

3 BOTH complete 5 bolt

Minimum - $295 + $135 = $430 you do all the work and you'll need bearings, seals and rotors.

Medium - $350 (or more) + $135 = $485.00 and you'll need bearings, seals and probably rotors all the way around.

Medium 2 $350 +$395 = $745.00. You'll probably need from bearings and bushings and the rears will bolt right on. You'll probably need rotors and possibly brakes.

Top End - $500 + $650 = $1,150 again, you'll probably need bearings, seals and rotors and possibly brakes.

4 porshe 5 bolts (rough/generic price)

Are you talking about wheels? Plan on $100 each to $200 each depending on what style and size. 914-6's came with 14" fuchs or 15" steel as a "general" rule (yes, there where various other Mahles and Pedrinni's etc.). The 14's were fairly easy to find for a while there and they could be had for $50-$75 bucks. I haven't seen them much lately but I haven't been looking.

A nice one might be the very common 16x6 that came on the front of most 911SC's. Most SC guys moved the 7's on the rear up to the front and got 16x8's for the rears. 16x6's (Fuch's 5 paddle) are still fairly common and the 16" size is still fairly easy to get a tire for. 15x6 is also cool and frankly, for any tire that will fit under a teener, they can be found easily as well.

Hope that helps.

Eric
brant
buy Eric's conversion parts.
it will save you all of the headaches and you WILL NOT be able to beat the price!

brant
WaideS
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 18 2006, 01:03 PM) *

it will save you all of the headaches and you WILL NOT be able to beat the price!

brant

I agree completely, look at Eric Shea's links and you can find a ton of info and pricing for the "right stuff at the right price" thumb3d.gif
Eric_Shea
wub.gif
brant
eric.....

psss... when do I get my monthly kick back?
psss....

No..
seriously Orange914
you won't be able to beat Eric's prices, knowledge, or customer service!

most people collect the parts over time
(ie: wheels one month, tires another, suspension bits yet another)
and then bolt it all together on a weekend.

good luck with the project.
brant
markb
QUOTE(brant @ Oct 18 2006, 01:03 PM) *

brant

agree.gif
If I didn't already have the suspension off of an original 6, I'd be buying Eric's setup.
orange914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Oct 18 2006, 01:01 PM) *

There's a lot involved and it depends on what you want to do.

For your 73 you could:

Purchase drilled 914 rotors - $295.00 (you'll need new bearings and seals)
Purchase 911 Struts - $350-$500 plus depending on how complete (brakes, cool strut inserts, new rotors, new bearings)

2 complete rear 5 bolt

Again, depends. How much work do you want to do yourself.

914 Hubs drilled to 5-lug $135.00 (you'll need new bearings at least)
911 Hubs - $150 +$400-500 for 914-6 stub axles if you buy right (you'll need new bearings as well.)
Complete bolt on 5-lug conversion arms $395.00 plus your cores (includes new bushings and bearings).

3 BOTH complete 5 bolt

Minimum - $295 + $135 = $430 you do all the work and you'll need bearings, seals and rotors.

Medium - $350 (or more) + $135 = $485.00 and you'll need bearings, seals and probably rotors all the way around.

Medium 2 $350 +$395 = $745.00. You'll probably need from bearings and bushings and the rears will bolt right on. You'll probably need rotors and possibly brakes.

Top End - $500 + $650 = $1,150 again, you'll probably need bearings, seals and rotors and possibly brakes.

4 porshe 5 bolts (rough/generic price)

Are you talking about wheels? Plan on $100 each to $200 each depending on what style and size. 914-6's came with 14" fuchs or 15" steel as a "general" rule (yes, there where various other Mahles and Pedrinni's etc.). The 14's were fairly easy to find for a while there and they could be had for $50-$75 bucks. I haven't seen them much lately but I haven't been looking.

A nice one might be the very common 16x6 that came on the front of most 911SC's. Most SC guys moved the 7's on the rear up to the front and got 16x8's for the rears. 16x6's (Fuch's 5 paddle) are still fairly common and the 16" size is still fairly easy to get a tire for. 15x6 is also cool and frankly, for any tire that will fit under a teener, they can be found easily as well.

Hope that helps.

Eric

so bottom line on a used set up to change over to a complete 5 bolt with wheels that would be driver status complete could realisticly be done around $2000???
brant
maybe less if your willing to do some of the labor and don't have to have the most expensive wheels.

a lot of guys do real NICE 5 bolt conversions for less.

brant
Aaron Cox
its been hashed over MILLIONS of times here....

my route.. complete 73 911 Front end (steal - 125 bucks)
had koni's (sold) and i rebuilt the calipers, new bearings, new rotors, new bushings, new inserts.....

rear... i called my man Eric 'E - dawg' shea...
dropped 400 ish for COMPLETE rear arms, painted, new bearings, bushings, and hubs have been drilled and studded... all i did was write the check (no bearing instalations for me smile.gif )

and i bought 914/6 rotors for the rear...... (you CAN redrill /4 rotors)

BK911
So why do the conversion? ~$2k is a lot of money to put into a car just because. Most likely you will not see the return if you decide to sell.

I already have most of the parts but I can't convince myself that this is a worthy conversion.

OT: I also have a freshly rebuilt -6 that I can't decide what to do with.
brant
what displacement is the -6?
(you should definitely sell it to me)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.