Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bilseins Rear coil-over delema
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Teknon
Well I'm puzzeled. Got these pretty yellow Bilstein Sports. That should go on the car. confused24.gif

BUT I am not sure what notch to put the coil plate on. There are six rings on the shock, they came with the clip on the bottom ring. But when the coils go on it is to far to clamp down on them. The coils are 165# progressives. I don't want to do this without consulting the Masters. burnout.gif

Also do you need the bump stops? I heard you don't with Bilseins, internal stops I heard.

The succession of parts are
1-lower coil plate,
2-the coil,
3-upper coil plate,
4-washer,
5-long bolt,
6-set of bushings,
7- top cap and
8- top nut.

The workshop manual shows other idems I don't have.

Thanks, Joe huh.gif
Aaron Cox
i used third notch up from bottom.... but that is pretty low...

try third from top.... and it takes 5 min to change.... so have fun
davep
The Bilsteins still use the bump stops. Raise the perch until the spring is slightly compressed.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(davep @ Oct 18 2006, 05:10 PM) *

The Bilsteins still use the bump stops. Raise the perch until the spring is slightly compressed.

i disagree with that assesment.....

aftermarket springs are inherently shorter... and dont require a spring compressor...

even at the second to top perch, my springs still didnt engage the upper hat at full extension
Teknon
The perch is still loose on the 4th notch up. The fifth up or 2nd down notch compress the spring enough to keep it in place.

Is the sequence of assembly correct?
cool_shades.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.