Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VBWS, Virginia Breakfast Wrench and Suds
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Evil
Bob! Sup man? Look forward to seeing you.

Member 109 and 37 posts? You are a quiet man wink.gif
Dr Evil
Does anyone have an old clutch disk that they could donate at Roots? I left my other one at Matts and his house is not on the way.

Thanks!
bob
I have one I can bring...

yeah, I don't post much, mostly a looong time lurker.. owned the '73 since '82 and the six since ~93?
-bob
type47
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 1 2006, 06:40 AM) *

Does anyone have an old clutch disk that they could donate at Roots?

i have one.

also, there is a Saturn dealer in Fairfax, probably "8-10 miles east" of sterling and easy access from Rt 66 W of beltway/Rt495. take first exit, for Rt 243 Nutley St off 66 W of beltway/Rt 495. best to mapquest address or mapquest for "Fairfax Circle" or "Patriot Harley-Davidson" (it's about 1 block east of P H-D)
root
EVIL, Just in case your interested. There's a CarMAX and a Ferrari/Maserati drooley.gif dealership right around the corner from my shop.

I haven't looked but there may be a clutch disk here somewhere too.
Dr Evil
Thanks guys. I ahve been scouring CarMax as well as other sites. There is 1 on car max worth looking at, but it is near Baltimore. Maybe I need to expand my search region.

The disk I will need will be destroyed to weld a rod ont eh end of so that I may have a tool with which to hold tranny cranks with (no dirty jokes wink.gif ).
jimkelly
OH - you meant transaxle

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Nov 1 2006, 08:26 PM) *

OH - you meant transaxle

popcorn[1].gif

Dont worry big fella, real trannies like you still get the gloved hand biggrin.gif
ws91420
Don't know what my schedule is for Sat and if I'm not working I think I have a Bday party to go to ( wifes friends kid). So here is a Thurs morn icon_bump.gif
jimkelly
WHEW - rubber glove - what a relief. gayfight.gif

JUST ONE QUESTION - why is the box of nitrate digit protectors always full cheer.gif

Dr Evil
Because latex feels more real? confused24.gif
root
O.K. so here's who I have for breakfast chowtime.gif

root
Jim Kelly
type47
rmconner
bob?
JPB?

anybody else out there?..... confused24.gif
zymurgist
I might be able to make it for lunch, but there's no way in hell that I'll be able to be in NoVa at 7:00 in the AM. (I don't "do" mornings) wink.gif
root
I might be able to make it for lunch, but there's no way in hell that I'll be able to be in NoVa at 7:00 in the AM. (I don't "do" mornings)

Burgers, dogs, chips, and beer will be waiting for you jsharp.gif
type47
any food (or beverage) you want us to bring?

weather looks like it's going to be great!

oh.... and icon_bump.gif
smdubovsky
Root,
Sniff, sniff, I replied back on page 3. Why doesn't anyone notice ME? wink.gif

I'll make it to breakfast, duck out for a few hours, and then make it to your place by ~noon. Can you plz PM/email me directions and a phone #. Thanks!

Looking forwad to seeing SOME of you again (That DrE guy creeps me out)

SMD
jtf914
QUOTE(root @ Nov 2 2006, 11:39 PM) *

OK, I thought I might be able to sneak away (since I live in the same neighborhood as root), but we just got a couple trees removed and had a patio poured, and I have to clean up the damage from the bobcat and get some grass seed down. Otherwise we'll have to live with a muddy pit in the backyard all winter. sad.gif

-Justin
type47
QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Nov 3 2006, 05:50 AM) *

Why doesn't anyone notice ME? wink.gif

now you know how it feels to drive a 914 to a pca potomac event
Babydoll
driving.gif Well now, this sounds like lots of fun. I'm trying to entice "Zymurgist" (aka Ken or "Ace Mechanic") to come on down for this... he needs a 914 fix, and I've got a 914 that needs fixin' (or adjusting, anyway...) How do we get to the location of the 914 shenanigans, ie: Roots Garage??
zymurgist
QUOTE(type47 @ Nov 3 2006, 10:06 AM) *

QUOTE(smdubovsky @ Nov 3 2006, 05:50 AM) *

Why doesn't anyone notice ME? wink.gif

now you know how it feels to drive a 914 to a pca potomac event

Get an orange Corvette. You'll get noticed everywhere!
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(root @ Nov 2 2006, 09:39 PM) *

O.K. so here's who I have for breakfast chowtime.gif

root
Jim Kelly
type47
rmconner
bob?
JPB?

Hey--Chris Hager here--(dark grey '73 2.0, was at the ECC in Sept.) I can't make the breakfast conclave, but want to make the garage event. Might try to get a bit of welding done, plus hope to pull a flywheel, etc. off the biggish-bore 1.7 I'm trying to finidsh to get my 9014 on the road (sorry I can't drive it out--now if wemet in Arl.-Falls Ch. next time...). But I don't know where Roots site is--address or how to get to. Send details to carolusandhager(at)yahoo.com , please! -Chris
type47
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 3 2006, 06:52 AM) *

[Corvette.

theexperience_hud.gif

actually icon_bump.gif for the location of where we're going to after the breakfast, like chris and babydoll said.
root
I PM'd the address to the shop for a few who asked.
here it is- This event is at my business location where we are headed after Breakfast (Lot's of space, tools, and food!):

MATSYS, Inc.
504 Shaw Road, Unit 215
Sterling, VA 20166

If you want to bring grub or drink that's fine.
I'll have burgers, hot dogs, chips, soda, and beer3.gif

new attendee list-

root
Jim Kelly
type47
rmconner
babydoll
zymurgist
smdubovsky
PinetreePorsche
bob?
JPB?

Also a guest professional TIG welder is scheduled to visit around noon! welder.gif
JPB
I don't think I can make the breakfast since I'd have to leave at 4AM to be anywhere close to being on time. I'l see you all at Matsys biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
Ahem dry.gif Forget someone?
jimkelly
popcorn[1].gif
root
Lastest attendee list-

root
Jim Kelly
type47
rmconner
babydoll
zymurgist
smdubovsky
PinetreePorsche
bob?
JPB
happy11.gif
Dr Evil
happy11.gif and Brian will be leaving this locale and 8am ish
Babydoll
driving-girl.gif Hey guys,

That was SO MUCH FUN today... all those beautiful welding sparks and cool tools. Babydoll wants you all to know how much she appreciated the attention, too - she brought me home safe n' sound without bucking (the new TPS switch seems to working!) and without stalling out at lights... in fact, she's idling fast (about 2400 rpm's). Adjusting the idle is easy, right? How do I do that?

Thanks Dr. Evil and Bob for the lessons - hey, thanks everybody! When's the next get-together, I'll bake something good again (maybe with chocolate this time...)

Caroline
VaccaRabite
Hope you all had a good time. I thought about you as I was finishishing my work ~4 today.

Hopefully, I will be able to make the next meet.

Zach
jimkelly
good time was had by all - lots of sparks flying - Evil's 6 HE's got repaired by JPB and Rod - thye may have worm out a tig and a mig in one day - Babydoll got some love by the Dr. and his friends - one jack post got replaced - lots of things learned - and best off all - everyone enjoyed my meat : ) - as I was the BBQ technician.

scotty b
Damn Jim what kind of looser are you? It's 8:30 on Sun and you're hanging out here? I had a great time yesterday and really enjoyed meeting you guys. The good (?) doctor happy11.gif wasn't nearly as painful as I had imagined and I can walk fairly normally this morning!Looking forward to the next one.
JPB
Thanks to our hosts and all who attended this cool gathering and was glad to see some new faces. I will get the pipes to Thermal Tech Coatings and try to get a deal for the Doctor's headers. If anyone else has some pipes to ceramic, a group deal may be the ticket for saving a few dineros. If anyone needs any welding, I will be glad to be of assistance at the next gathering.

beer.gif Thanks again and looking forward to the next one.
Kerrys914
Sounds like a good time was had by all smile.gif jsharp.gif sawzall-smiley.gif welder.gif welder.gif welder.gif

I'll try to make the next one for sure beerchug.gif

FYI, babydoll has a bad Aux air valve that was causing a high idle at the ECC. We disconnected and plugged it to keep her drivable during the summer.

Lets see the photos from the days work.. I bet most of you can no longer run for any political office once these photos get posted drunk.gif drunk.gif piratenanner.gif aktion035.gif
root
got some pic's of the day... thanks for coming everyone!
VbWs '06 Rocked!

driving.gif driving-girl.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif jsharp.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif
root
....more
root
more...
scotty b

FYI, babydoll has a bad Aux air valve that was causing a high idle at the ECC. We disconnected and plugged it to keep her drivable during the summer.

Oh so that was YOUR golf tee huh poke.gif av-943.gif
BTW Baydoll has lost her box. It seems the Crane unit had a pretty erratic fire on no. 2 and no fire on no. 3. After Mike and Bob put together a new points unit she was up and running like a chump errr champ. Carnage from 4 distributors was left behind rolleyes.gif
Kerrys914
dry.gif Nope not my Tee.. I used grape Huba-buba.

So are you saying the crane unit crapped out? The unit was new from PP a week before the ECC. E-mail me with the scoop and I can get ahold of Pelican parts. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

type47
it was neat seeing evil, bob, scottyb, ken et al, fixing babydoll in the parking lot. alot of experience there. thanks to jimkelly for the part to mount my ECU that i have been searching for forever.
Dr Evil
BIG THANKS to ROD and JPB! You guys did a lot of work on my /6 HEs and I totally appreciate it. It felt wierd having someone else do all the work for me.

Favorite quote by far!: "So there I was with my hand flat against this hookers chest, holding her down on the couch..." Jim Kelly av-943.gif

Scotty you look nothing like Wilferd. It was fun picking on you biggrin.gif I hope you become a regular at these meetings.

Bob, as always a pleasure.

Steven, I'll be in touch about the machinist books.

I am still tired....need sleep.....learning about poop making in the morning
jimkelly
Oh come on - I am sure all you guys have a story like this ???

I'd like to say that the quote was taken out of context but can't sad.gif

I would like to make one correction - please replace hookers with hooker's biggrin.gif

though I would like to note that no money exchanged hands rocking nana.gif

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 5 2006, 05:54 PM) *

Favorite quote by far!: "So there I was with my hand flat against this hookers chest, holding her down on the couch..." Jim Kelly av-943.gif

PinetreePorsche
'Teeners at root's, and esp. Root: Yes, good event, good folks, nice 914s, and LOTS of good sharing of info and labor. I got up the courage to cut/grind/chisel off a jack point, and the good luck to find a pro welder (who was that masked man?--welder's mask) to get it back to 100%. And I got a look inside the long beam, which was in verrry nice shape. Acuna matata, as the meerkat says. And I got up some courage/ momentum, bought myself a Ryobi grinder w/cutoff wheel, and a 2 lb. reel of fluxed wire for my Lincoln welder, so now I can do the other side myself (it isn't as bad as the one we did. Now if the rain would only end! -Chris H. (Pinetree Porsche)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.