Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress made on rust repair
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DNHunt
Here is the inside of the passenger framerail after it was treated with metal ready
DNHunt
Hereit is after putting Por 15 in the opening
DNHunt
FINISHED welding and grinding drivers aide inner wheel well, firewall and engine shelf. I know my welding is not pretty but its stuck good so I'mm happy. I think it's gonna be fine

Dave
John Kelly
Hi Dave,

Nice job!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
DNHunt
Getting ready to start painting this weekend. First Metal Ready then Por 15 on bare metal. Finished lightly sanding engine bay paint for to recieve primer later. Tidied up weld seams. Pasenger side
DNHunt
Driver's side No fun getting all the old grime off. Since I plan to paint the engine bay I used laquer thinner which cut it pretty well.Took a lot of the gloss off too.
Aaron Cox
way to go! smilie_pokal.gif welder.gif
kafermeister
NICE!
2-OH!
Dave:

Did you take the Wiring Harness out or are you going to just tape off around it.

I still have to get the final horse hair off the firewall..Did the Laquer Thinner work on that old glue ???

2-OH!
DNHunt
I left the wiring harness in and I'm working around it. Pain in the butt but, I'm lazy.

Lacquer thinner and elbow grease in equal parts.

Dave
DNHunt
MORE RUST FOUND.

Pasenger door down low
DNHunt
Trunk. By the way my pad under the carpet was sopping wet. I hope it was from the stean cleaning about a month ago
DNHunt
Driver's door in the seal channel
DNHunt
Trunk prepared for Por 15
redshift
Pad under carpet in trunk....

Hey Dave, if you care at all about your car, remove the padding under the carpet in the trunk, and the carpet over the padding in the trunk.

Take all that out.

M
DNHunt
Another view of the trunk
DNHunt
Gotcha Miles

Thanks

Dave
DNHunt
Cut out the rust in the channel in the driver's door
DNHunt
Patch welded in
rhodyguy
you're getting really good dave!!! welds are looking nice. you must have been expecting the worst til' you got the seam seal off in the trunk. where are you going from this point? still on the "hunt" or getting ready to start buttoning things up? you going to do the suspension while it's up in the air?

kevin
DNHunt
Kevin

I wish I could say the welds are looking nice. They are a little better but, the grinding is getting really good.

I won't commit to being done with the hunt. Every time I think I've found the last of the rust I find more.

I did kinda jumped the gun on the trunk. But, I couldn't foresee that there wouldn't be rust under the seam sealer. Everywhere else it has hidden some. At least it was easy to get to. Only took about an hour to clean up.

Vacuumed really well this afternoon and wiped all the affected areas with tack cloth. Gonna start treating the bare metal tomorrow

Dave
Brad Roberts
I throw away customers' SPONGES. They ask me "where did my pad go" and I point to the dumpster.

Dave everything is turning out REAL nice. Good job.

b
DNHunt
Treated all the bare areas with Metal Ready. Stuff smells nasty. It turned all the areas with any rust black as advertised. Headed out to do a lot of rinsing.

Dave
DNHunt
Metal etched and ready for Por 15.
DNHunt
Painted the center tunnel with Por 15. Used Metal Ready to prep it. The car is on jack stands with the nose down a couple of degrees. Poured about 1/4 cup of Por 15 in the aft inspestion port then used the air compressor and gravity to flow the paint down the tunnel. Worked really well. I used the excess to paint around the petal cluster.
DNHunt
Great way to paint. Quick and dirty

Dave
redshift
Hey Doc, my car is next!

smile.gif

Good job, how's that eye doing?

M
DNHunt
Miles

Only one problem. I hope I never have to do this again. (I know they never stop rusting) You'll have to do your own.

Eyes great. Thanks for your concern

Dave
redshift
It's everyone's dream to have the perfect machine.

It's my dream to have Ed McMahon drive it here from somewhere else, so I don't have to take 3 years of crap off of JP when I start spraying primer.

M
DNHunt
Hit on an idea to get Por 15 between the inner and outer lower firewall. I injected about 50cc's of Por 15 through the tubing into the space. Then I blew the hell out of it with the compressor to spead it around. If it works anything like it did for the center tunnel it should do a pretty good job.

Dave
DNHunt
Nice to see an end in sight. Brushed on Por 15 in the front trunk. I think it looks pretty darn good

Dave
SirAndy
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Nov 25 2003, 07:47 PM)
Hit on an idea to get Por 15 between the inner and outer lower firewall. I injected about 50cc's of Por 15 through the tubing into the space.

should have used the metal ready for the forced injection wink.gif

looking good!
Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.