Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yesterday at the Classic Expo (Salzburg) - even with teener content
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
As last year I visited the Salzburg oldtimer fair "Classic Expo".
It's a trip 2 hours to the east.
Because of the nice weather there were not so much visitors, but this was better for those who were there biggrin.gif

Unfortunately there was a strange mixture of halogen light, neon light and day light which made it extreme difficult to take good photos (at least with my cheap digi cam).

The 1st mid engine car I saw was a really wild one. One of only 200 made street versions of the Lancia Delta S4, the so called "Stradale". It had only 5.6k miles on the tach and was absolutely original. For sale for just 127k US$ blink.gif

Gustl
lots of well known red italien sports cars ...

the most desirable was the 275 GTS, IMHO wub.gif
JPB
Sweet spaghetti designs and I like the flat nose S4 the most, very cool smilie_pokal.gif

beer.gif
Gustl
some really rare super-sport-cars
Gustl
the burgundy one from the above post leads me directly to the "Bugatti Special"

SGB
Wow thanks for the pictures! smile.gif
Gustl
here's a very special one, too

one of 3 Porsche Werks-Rallye cars from the East African Safari Rallye 1971
Gustl
more nice Porsche racers ...
Gustl
the best for finish biggrin.gif

there were 2 teeners in Salzburg, too

the blue one is a real /6 - converted to a 916-wannabe

the green one was a special car - at least the owner told me so (well, I have my doubts)
he told me that it was a real /6, that was converted to a Porsche water-cooled flat six by Oettinger - a well known german tuner for flat 4 & 6 cylinder engines from VW and Porsche
the owner told me that there were about 25-30 914-6 converted by Oettinger in the early '80ies - but I didn't ever hear anything about that
and, another point of my doubts - did Porsche have a water-cooled flat six in the early '80ies idea.gif

Martin Baker
QUOTE(Gustl @ Oct 22 2006, 12:50 PM) *

- did Porsche have a water-cooled flat six in the early '80ies idea.gif

Weren't all of the works racing engines at that time using water cooled cylinder heads, starting with the 935 in the late 70's, all the way to the 962. The Turbos would melt the heads off. Maybe that's what he meant.
JPB
Bugattis!!! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.