Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 brake conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomburdge
Hey guys,I could use some help.

I run an RSR strut on the front of my F prod car.Way back when I had the stock 914 spindle welded to it.

I would now like to use the( rules permitted )"M" caliper and vented rotor and would like to know if anyone makes an adapter that would permit me to put the vented rotor on the stock 914 spindle.

My rational here is #1:Better cooling #2: Better overall braking because of larger pistons thus better clamping forces. Are these assumptions correct and would their be any other benefits?

Also has anyone produced a 911 hub that accepts four bolt wheels.I heard that Pelican may offer such a thing.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Tom B.
Matt Romanowski
I think you're talking exactly about the hub that Mike Mueller made up. Send him a pm.
Mueller
Yes, a new hub is available that bolts onto '73 and later spindles that allows you to use 911 "M" calipers and 911 vented rotors. They use stock 914 wheel bearings.

they are being used successfully on cars ranging from bone stock to V8 conversions to /6 conversion race cars.

I highly recommend BBS Racing screw-in studs with these although the stock wheel bolts work.

Here are a few threads on the subject:

hub talk

more hub talk, Johns /6 conversion race car

Eric_Shea
Yup... that's the $hit. Major benny is cooling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.