Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement fuse box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Drums66
no biggie, as you'll notice this one comes straight down, the stock sits at about a 45 degree angle
swood
QUOTE(Drums66 @ Nov 17 2003, 08:11 PM)
Thankyou, maybe not 2 to finger.gif 3 inches but it certainly seems to pertrude farther than stock

...that's what she said... laugh.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
I like the look of it, particularly the wiring color coding AND the extra fuse locations clap56.gif

This is something I want to do for my VW side (modern blade fuses). Our fuse covers are the same, fragile and easily come off sad.gif

I think the price is high but I do understand why so no need to justify to me smile.gif Excellent work!
Brad Roberts
I dont want to fart with it. Make one up for "Blackie" the 9146. I looked at installing the 993 fuse panel... I need something with cruise control fuses. I'll utilize the "spares".

B
JWest
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 17 2003, 08:23 PM)
i like it.

icon14.gif
what's the price including S&H? does it come with the right fuses pre-installed for my car? is there a core-charge for my old fuse block? can i pay with a check? any rebates on group-buys? club-member rebate? do you offer different color-schemas for the covers? and if yes, can i get it in my cars color? do you offer financing? what about rush-delivery? how long is the warranty? is this tax-deducteable in my state? what should i use to clean it? will this de-value my otherwise original car? where can i get replacement fuses?

Special deal only for you Andy:

Price is $350,629.54, shipping by camel $597.82, it comes with the right fuses, but they are installed in the wrong positions, the core charge is an original 914/6 GT, you can only pay with gold coins form the lost city of Atlantis, I'll give you a group buy option with Brad - the price doubles for both of you if you order together, since you are a club member you can have a kiss from the camel, you can only get it in Sepia, you can pay in installments - give me double up front and I'll give you a quarter back when it gets delivered, rush-delivery - that's if we use the special camel - "Clyde" - $789.63, it's fully warranteed until you break it, talk to the terminator about the tax implications, make sure the battery is hooked up and fully charged and use Brad's tongue to clean it, once you install it your car will be worth nothing - have it shipped to me for proper disposal, there are no replacement fuses - if you blow one then you screwed something up and don't deserve the car - have it shipped to me for proper disposal.

happy11.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(James Adams @ Nov 18 2003, 05:38 AM)
Price is $350,629.54, shipping by camel $597.82, it comes with the right fuses, but they are installed in the wrong positions, the core charge is an original 914/6 GT, you can only pay with gold coins form the lost city of Atlantis, I'll give you a group buy option with Brad - the price doubles for both of you if you order together, since you are a club member you can have a kiss from the camel, you can only get it in Sepia, you can pay in installments - give me double up front and I'll give you a quarter back when it gets delivered, rush-delivery - that's if we use the special camel - "Clyde" - $789.63, it's fully warranteed until you break it, talk to the terminator about the tax implications,  make sure the battery is hooked up and fully charged and use Brad's tongue to clean it, once you install it your car will be worth nothing - have it shipped to me for proper disposal, there are no replacement fuses - if you blow one then you screwed something up and don't deserve the car - have it shipped to me for proper disposal.

thank you for this quick and detailed response.

you'll hear from me soon happy11.gif
Andy

PS: can you tell me more about "Clyde"? wub.gif
JWest
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 18 2003, 10:09 AM)
PS: can you tell me more about "Clyde"? wub.gif

Sure, here is the story of Clyde (note that this is totally politically incorrect but really funny song from yester-year):

Ahab the Arab
JWest
For those that are interested, I just measured the stock fuse box with cover and my new replacement.

The original sticks out almost 5/8" below the relay plate.

The replacement sticks out a little less than 1/2".

This means there is more room with the new one.
SirAndy
QUOTE(James Adams @ Nov 18 2003, 04:21 PM)
The replacement sticks out a little less than 1/2".

are you sure???
it looks more like 2 or 3 inches! laugh.gif

ok, do i get this -> spank.gif now?
Andy
JWest
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Nov 18 2003, 04:26 PM)
are you sure???
it looks more like 2 or 3 inches!  :lol:

ok, do i get this ->  :spank:  now?
Andy

spank.gif yes...

wink.gif
Qarl
That settles it... 1/8" SOLD!
914MF
boldblue.gif I want one!
Scott
I'd love to get one. I have been wanting to make the conversion but didn't know where to look for the peices. I am glad that you did. I really hate those ceramic junky fuses that are there now.
dwillouby
I would buy one. I am a electronics engineer by trade. Most wiring problems are easy for me to figure out. The time it would take to source the right parts and put it together would not b worth saving a few dollars.
Let us know when they are ready

David
marc_hines
If you make them - I also want one. It looks great! having it all ready to go (and a few extra fuse locations for expansion) is well worth the $130-ish to me!

Marc...
JWest
In case you were interested in this and missed the website thread, these are available now here:

JWest Engineering
914ghost
The fuse panel kicks ass- even though I just ordered a cover from him yesterday, it WOULD be on my want list.
And if I looked at the picture right it seems like hitting the panel with your foot it nearly irrelevant since only PELE' is gonna kick those fuses out.
You have a serious ruckus in there one night after the dance barf.gifsmlove2.gif and still not kick one of the fuses out of his panel- its beautiful!
R O
pjhaun
I bought a couple after market fuse panels and epoxyed them in the old fuse panel. Here are some pictures:
pjhaun
Here is a side view:
pjhaun
Here is a view of the fuse side:
kenpolives
I bought one two weeks ago....NICE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Drums66
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 6 2003, 10:05 PM) *

Ha ha.. I went over this with Painless Wiring in 1995.

I could sell them.. but I really dont see a need in them. I have NO problems with the stock setup (even when installing nice 3.2's and 3.6's)

B

agree.gif NO!
PeeGreen 914
WTF.gif you resurrected a four year old thread just to say no?

I have one and though I didn't need it I rather like the modern style fuses and the covers that don't just kick off. Worth every dollar.
Drums66
QUOTE(Phoenix 914-6GT @ Oct 25 2008, 11:44 AM) *

WTF.gif you resurrected a four year old thread just to say no?

I have one and though I didn't need it I rather like the modern style fuses and the covers that don't just kick off. Worth every dollar.

WTF.gif What is it to you?
you gave your opinion and I gave mine? confused24.gif
no matter how long ago!
PeeGreen 914
I just don't understand the logic behind wasting the time to search for a thread, that has already resulted in someone making the product, only to answer no.

Just wondering why confused24.gif That's all. bye1.gif
sean_v8_914
im I missing something here. I have installed 4 of these purchased from a 914 board member that makes them. it has blade fuses with LEDs that light when teh fuse is blown
ericread
Hello????

Is this one of those threads that never dies and is brought up every once in a while?

Sweet!!! Time for everyone else to chime in here.

Eric Read wavey.gif
sean_v8_914
oh yeah...2003
bandjoey
Let's do a poll on how many people will read this to the last page and reply! av-943.gif
geniusanthony
<Obligatory comment here>
Nice product.
And thanks to those at Jwest who make things better.
charliew
Looks like a very nice product to me. I especially like the labels and cover.
sean_v8_914
many gremlins cured with this. I have installed 6-7 but allways end up repairing or replacing many of teh corroded, weak and worn out spade connectors on teh original harness. after 30+ years, the factory wires have corrosion far up the wire so I clean them w/ fat tip weller, plenty of hot flux, wash with isopropyl and SOLDER on new connectors. no crimps here due to 30 yr degraded wires. teh corrosion layer inhibits conductivity. there has not been much slack so cutting farther back is not really an option unless you extend teh wire w a new pc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.