Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Announcement Next Week!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
In an earlier post, I mentioned that a club member did not provide the product that I won at WCC05. He emailed me and said, he was sorry and would do so with dispatch. At this point my sense of humor has evaporated. I will be at the City of Hope with my laptop next week with little to do except get my usual infusion and testing. I plan to announce the member's name at that time. I have contacted one of the law firms my company uses on a regular basis and a letter will be generated, followed by a small claims lawsuit. I am not without resources and find this kind of bad behavior by a member appalling.

Dan
TINCAN914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 28 2006, 09:16 PM) *

lawsuit....for a prize you "won".....really??? confused24.gif

shame on them, but is it really that important ?

I was going to ask the same question. It's your dollar (um prize), but is it really worth it effort? I'm curious, maybe I missed it but is this a prize you purchased a ticket for? Don't take this the wrong way, but do you really have any leagl action unless you bought a ticket for this prize?
ejm
Dan was the high bidder on a silent auction......
TROJANMAN
that's different. that's money spent.
xitspd
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Oct 28 2006, 08:16 PM) *

lawsuit....for a prize you "won".....really??? confused24.gif

shame on them, but is it really that important ?

YES! I have donated/sponsored several thousand dollars to the club since I joined. I have given the membership over two thousand dollars worth of new parts. Expediants are for the hour, but principles are for the ages. I was the high bidder at the silent auction.

Dan
TINCAN914
I admire your position. Good luck with it.. Hopefully the issue will be taken care of before it comes to that..
If this was an auction and you paid for the item, then I would say take every leagl option available..
TimT
This club has more drama than any soap Ive heard of..

Why is that?

WTF.gif
Aaron Cox
dan is a giver guys. look on the backs of your event shirts...

dan has always stepped up.

and again, dan has been more than fair and waited MORE than long enough (very gracious of him to wait this long when most would wait a few weeks!)

Dan, you have been more than fair. Thanks for waiting so long and at least giving them the chance to make it right.

sorry to see it go this way, but you are in the right.

im with ya man,
AA
TINCAN914
I don't think there is anything wrong with what he is doing, I was just wondering if it was worth the headache. No offense intended Dan.
boxstr
Dan His picked his fight and now he has to take it forward to the end. We can all support him along the way.
CCL
jonwatts
Dan, I just sent you a PM.

Gint
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 28 2006, 10:11 PM) *

and again, dan has been more than fair and waited MORE than long enough (very gracious of him to wait this long when most would wait a few weeks!)

Dan, you have been more than fair. Thanks for waiting so long and at least giving them the chance to make it right.

im with ya man,
AA

He's not getting much bang for his advertising $$$ then, because I don't have a clue what he produces. Other than pictures for the 2006 calendar anyway...

Good luck, hope it works out.
Brad Roberts
Dan,

Just tell us who or what it is. This is the first I have heard of this. I cant imagine that it is something that cant be worked out/paid off.

I personally know 90% of the people who support the events.

B
Lou W
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Oct 28 2006, 09:11 PM) *

im with ya man,
AA

agree.gif this sucks.
Lou W
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 28 2006, 10:10 PM) *

im with ya man,
AA

He's not getting much bang for his advertising $$$ then, because I don't have a clue what he produces. Other than pictures for the 2006 calendar anyway...

Other people may ask the same question, so I decided to post the PM that I sent to Gint, I hope this is okay;

Mike,

Dan's been into racing for a very long time, he was in the process of building Callicott Motorsports, which I think would supply racing parts, etc. before he was diagnosed with cancer, he loves Porsche's and the people associated with this club and the PCA, so he has and is willing to put his money into activites to make them succesful. If you were in the market to purchase almost any racing product, and contacted him, he would and could put you with the right people, and good pricing...because of his health issues, the "return or bennifits" from his advertising have not materialized, however, this has not slowed him down in doing what he thinks is right.

Lou

GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Gint @ Oct 28 2006, 10:10 PM) *

im with ya man,
AA

I got my first set of cam lock 5 point harness from Dan. Great price and excellent delivery and follow up when I had a install question. Hope you can get this worked out.
JPB
Ya gotta love the racering man's attitude. If you wanted to cover your ass, seller, you should have put POLITICAL silent auction. cool_shades.gif Now what ya got is what most people get on the race track, a wide open pilot screeming up your .......tailpipe. av-943.gif Oh the drama and rivalry!!

beer.gif Racer dudes play to win and politics just makes things really messy. I don't see any Vaseline on this entry either.

Dan, I think you can outshine whoever did this. Best of luck.
MoveQik
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 29 2006, 05:29 AM) *

I got my first set of cam lock 5 point harness from Dan. Great price and excellent delivery and follow up when I had a install question. Hope you can get this worked out.

Same here. Then, just because he is a helluva nice guy, he sent me a killer "3.2" emblem after Joe finished my car. Good luck Dan.

MW
Jeroen
Dan, I'm sorry to hear all this
Like the others, I'm curious who you're having these troubles with, but it speaks for you to keep that to yourself
I'm sure you'll reveal him when you're ready to do so

More importantly, hang in there next week!
SGB
Whoever it is:
Act now! Don't be a stromberg.gif
TINCAN914
Just saw this come up again. Dan's at the City Of Hope. My prayers and good wishes going out to Dan... smile.gif
flatout
My prayers as well. I hope everything works out just fine, and all gets resolved.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.