Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The S.E.M.A. '06 Picture Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
9magazine
This wasn't my first Rodeo, I mean SEMA Show but this was the best ever! It was a blast hanging out with my fellow 914Club members, and my GF Brenda. Thanks to everyone we met last week!

Brian Minson
9magazine.com

VegasRacer
Caparo T1 smilie_flagge24.gif

2400 cc Supercharged V8 * 500 HP * 1100 lbs * $304,000

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
neo914-6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 4 2006, 03:22 AM) *

smilie_flagge24.gif The End smilie_pokal.gif

*(it was killer to see so many 914 friends at the show) biggrin.gif

**(Congrats again Felix. clap56.gif Neo914-6 is Brilliant.)

:permagrin:

Click to view attachment

***(send me a PM if you want a hi-res .jpg of any of the images)

Wow, got back from the 11 hour haul and can now relax a little until I start to get neo914 prepped for fire up. I will have better coverage for that!

The show was surreal for me, I was proud to have my 914 "vision" displayed and to rekindle memories for some and stirring new interest for others. My parents and two of my sisters were also impressed even though they are biased. biggrin.gif My fake dealer sticker may prompt some to inquire about the "new" 914. rolleyes.gif It was fun to see the perplexed looks on people unfamilar with the model.

I'll post more on the contributors thread but John, Thanks for helping me Sunday during set up and posting very nice pics. They are great but I think the car is best seen in person. Hopefully I can drive it to as many functions as possible next year. driving.gif

After our "meet" it was a blast driving Keith's turbo suby 914 to my parents place in Henderson. What a conversion, I love the turbo blow off sound after each shift!

It was nice meeting Rob, his wife and Ed from Florida. There so many stories that go with our 914's. We are fortunate that Brian is a 914 fan, look forward to future articles in his magazine. I'm glad Chris 914n6 attended, his conversion was inspiring 2 years ago.

Hope you noticed the small "Lapuwali" letters on the back. A small rememberance for a great guy.

Thanks for all the kind words, you don't know how much that helped get this project to SEMA and make it worth it. smilie_pokal.gif I don't think you've heard the last of neo914...
spare time toys
Hope you noticed the small "Lapuwali" letters on the back. A small rememberance for a great guy.

Thanks for all the kind words, you don't know how much that helped get this project to SEMA and make it worth it. smilie_pokal.gif I don't think you've heard the last of neo914...
[/quote]

Went back and looked at the shots from the rear. I didnt notice it first time. Nice tribute beerchug.gif VERRY NICE car beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
VegasRacer
Click to view attachment
byndbad914
SEMA was another great show - I have a ton of pix I need to download from my camera and so forth - I will try to post some here in the next couple of days.

Got into town on Wed and met John and checked out Felix's 914, but was a bit sidetracked and couldn't get back to meet everyone else. Long story short, Wed night after the show my friends and I met up at a bar, had some dinner (8 guys and the tab was $1069 blink.gif - tell me I didn't stromberg.gif my pants when I saw that tab) and it was off to Cheetah's. The first day ended at 4AM for me, but at 5AM my buddy called wanting me to send the cops to Cheetah's and I woke up at 9:30 the next morning still very drunk drunk.gif

Thursday was a SLOW day laugh.gif
mrdezyne
Just got my pics downloaded but it looks like John has pretty much covered the show. I do have some from the dinner meet Thrusday night and some video of Keith and Felix tearing ass out of the parking lot, what a sweet car! Everyone was really great and it was fun to put faces to names.

Special thanks to John for picking me up at the hotel in Elvira. After bending into a u-shape and falling through the bars in the roll cage we were off for a great cruise to Renegade across town. Elvira is every bit as sweet in person as the photos show online.
Here is John showing us the proper position to get through the cage in Elvira, I think its called "Crouching Lotus in Spring".... anyway the next pic shows why you need to be a flexible person...
mrdezyne
Ultima again...

and some amazing airbrush skills.....
neo914-6
QUOTE(mrdezyne @ Nov 6 2006, 01:23 PM) *

Just got my pics downloaded but it looks like John has pretty much covered the show. I do have some from the dinner meet Thrusday night and some video of Keith and Felix tearing ass out of the parking lot, what a sweet car! Everyone was really great and it was fun to put faces to names.

Special thanks to John for picking me up at the hotel in Elvira. After bending into a u-shape and falling through the bars in the roll cage we were off for a great cruise to Renegade across town. Elvira is every bit as sweet in person as the photos show online.
Here is John showing us the proper position to get through the cage in Elvira, I think its called "Crouching Lotus in Spring".... anyway the next pic shows why you need to be a flexible person...

Nice meeting you mrdezyne, look what one beer does to my memory blink.gif I'm glad we were able to meet up and only lost a few people to the location change. Chris and Ashley wanted to see more than Hooters anyway. shocked[1].gif Ed was off winning a free ECU chip at the Suby meet.

John's "nissan" 914 was very comfortable for me. He was a generous taxi and bar tender. beerchug.gif Hope we have a WCC there soon.

Scott "had" to show me their new LS1 911 conversion. He was surprised about my Audi/Boxster conversion, I should have told them not to look underneath my car. av-943.gif At least Mike had a few nice comments about Marty's new 914 e-brake. Surprisingly quite a few people at the show were interested in it...
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(Ferg @ Nov 1 2006, 12:17 PM) *

saw this on a different SEMA thread, I'm in love thumb3d.gif Jeep should really build this.

Ferg

why?

so you can drive it around town for 4 days, then sell it. poke.gif

biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
Last Photo. biggrin.gif

I had to wait a few days after the show to be able to find this one on-line. The peeps at the Bridgestone display gave me a FREE Shirt just because I made them laugh while I was waiting in line to get my picture taken. piratenanner.gif av-943.gif aktion035.gif
neo914-6
laugh.gif
Mugs914
Had a good time at the show, though for us it was a bit of a whirlwind tour. Arrive Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday then had to blow town by around 2:00 pm Wednesday.

It was great to meet you Felix. The Neo looks fantastic! Very neat ideas executed very well!

The only bummer was not being able to meet up with you guys over there, but it was a bit of a working trip and there were other commitments that had to take priority. dry.gif

But I'll see you all in Albuquerque, right? beerchug.gif beer3.gif
VaccaRabite
Felix,

Are you going to add a rear valence or somehting to balence out the rear of the car? It looks great, but it's butt looks out or balence with the rest of your creation.

I can't wait to see it with the lens covers over your headlights. I love that idea, and I want to see them in action.

Zach
neo914-6
QUOTE(Mugs914 @ Nov 8 2006, 05:28 PM) *

Had a good time at the show, though for us it was a bit of a whirlwind tour. Arrive Monday afternoon, all day Tuesday then had to blow town by around 2:00 pm Wednesday.

It was great to meet you Felix. The Neo looks fantastic! Very neat ideas executed very well!

The only bummer was not being able to meet up with you guys over there, but it was a bit of a working trip and there were other commitments that had to take priority. dry.gif

But I'll see you all in Albuquerque, right? beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Yeah we missed more members, there were actually quite a few in LV that week.

neo914 is supposed to be a "reliable" 914 so NM shouldn't be a problem. biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Nov 8 2006, 05:34 PM) *

Felix,

Are you going to add a rear valence or somehting to balence out the rear of the car? It looks great, but it's butt looks out or balence with the rest of your creation.

I can't wait to see it with the lens covers over your headlights. I love that idea, and I want to see them in action.

Zach

Zach,

Yes, the rear design was basically unresolved. The paint and other parts of of the project cut into the design of a valance with a venturi tunnel. Plus the flare rolls into the side so I could not come up with a good surface transistion to that section and the rear bumper. The bumper license pocket is designed for Boxster bumperettes which I need to cut down the brackets. I also need to find 3" rolled exhaust tips.
snflupigus
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Nov 6 2006, 05:06 AM) *

is that speed controlled actuated spoiler like on the newer porsches ? AMAZING> MORE PICS of that!
neo914-6
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Oct 30 2006, 04:45 AM) *

....... and the highlight of my day....... smilie_pokal.gif
I actually got to help do something productive in the preparation of Neo914-6. smash.gif
Felix mentioned that he had not yet found someone to install the sponsors windshield banner.
I gleefully shouted "I know how to do that!" piratenanner.gif
So I then set about the task of adding the banner, while the car was on a moving trailer. w00t.gif wacko.gif

Yep, John hung on while I moved the trailer...
neo914-6
not too bad a camera phone pic in daylight...
neo914-6
just got some disposable camera pics converted to CD...

Mike Mulligan and gang aktion035.gif
Click to view attachment
Me and Marty beerchug.gif
Click to view attachment
Mom and Dad's new truck laugh.gif
Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.