Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can i get some advice on hoses for my 70?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott-thundercat
so the concours engine pics dont look like my set up very much. all the diagrams i've found have 71 or 72 up with the paper element... so i just guessed at mine- any input?

IPB Image
IPB Image
that's one of the fuel lines i replaced tonight...
bd1308
that would have made for a large bondfire.
DJsRepS
A dremil drill with small grinding wheel will cut off the steel crimps.
JeffBowlsby
Do the hoses used fit snugly onto their nippes? If not you will allow free air into the system and problems...

OT...can you post a clear photo of the engine tin numbers in the first photo..."m311" etc. Is it the original engine? Is it a CA model or 49-state?
Scott-thundercat
ii was just reading the engine tin post- yeah ill get some pics hopefully today- just changed the timing on it after setting the dwell yesterday- fires right up and runs good now (except for some misses im attributing to a clogged injector...) i just pried the little thing off. yeah all the hoses fit really snugly. it runs well now which is nice. so these routings dont look too bad?
Scott
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Nov 1 2006, 04:29 PM) *

ii was just reading the engine tin post- yeah ill get some pics hopefully today- just changed the timing on it after setting the dwell yesterday- fires right up and runs good now (except for some misses im attributing to a clogged injector...) i just pried the little thing off. yeah all the hoses fit really snugly. it runs well now which is nice. so these routings dont look too bad?
Scott

Scott,

No - no paper element in the filter. Oil bath. Later cars had paper element - not yours.

And, would someone tell me why they think the oil bath setup is bad? Never had a problem with mine, though I clean & change it regularly - and have NEVER had to by a filter element.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.