Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What type of hose is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
So on a typical "while i was in there" move, i noticed that more of my hoses were in dire need of changing and i cant figure out from the diagram what type of hose this is, i believe it's oil but i want to be sure, the hose connection is pictured and arrowed. i also attached a wider view so you can see where its located on the engine.

also, if you look close, the connector is not perfectly round anymore, seems to have gotten bent, any ideas on how to round it out again? its only bent near the tip so i dont think it will effect the seal around the bottom.

thanks everyone!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
biosurfer1
duh, forgot to add i have a 72 1.7
Aaron Cox
head breather...
JoeSharp
Breather hose for the head, the pipe is perty soft and will bend right back, on a D-Jet they go the the flash back valve. There on both sides.

See my blog

:PERMAGRIN: Joe
biosurfer1
thanks guys...one more question, it looks like the same size and the oil filter hoses, 13mm, is that correct?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Nov 4 2006, 01:57 PM) *

thanks guys...one more question, it looks like the same size and the oil filter hoses, 13mm, is that correct?

12mm. 1/2" will fall off, and 13mm will be even worse. Use a tapered punch to gently open up the end until it's round again. The Cap'n
biosurfer1
thanks for the replies...all of the hoses are now replaced, and while i do hear a bit of a difference, its not much, but at least i know all the hoses are fresh and dont have to wrry about them for a while now...

now on to figure out why it leaks oil and what the fu@#ing rattles are!!!
Bleyseng
As the Cap't said it goes to the flashback valve and then the 12mm hose goes to the air cleaner to suck the vapor outta the heads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.