Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I'm Screwed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
zen motorcycle
I got a rebuilt injector as mine was leaking and proceeded to install it. I got everything buttoned up and started to look at the old injector to see where it was leaking exactly

I don't see the tip seal sad.gif

Any chance it just disintegrated?

I didn't feel anything like a seal while I was inserting the new one.

If it was/is still in the injector hole what can I do

Thanks
Scott-thundercat
none of my injectors had that on em. i know they should of but i couldnt find em either- it ran fine though.
bd1308
doesnt not running the inner injector seal cause sealing issues and vacuum leaks?
ClayPerrine
Yes, they will cause vacuum leaks if they are missing.

Go to O'Reilley's and get a set of injector seals from the help isle. They are for Japanese cars, but they fit a 914 just fine.
zen motorcycle
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Nov 10 2006, 01:57 PM) *

Yes, they will cause vacuum leaks if they are missing.

Go to O'Reilley's and get a set of injector seals from the help isle. They are for Japanese cars, but they fit a 914 just fine.

Let me make this clear
I have the new injector installed in the car with a new tip seal. I don't see the old tip seal from the old injector I removed.

Could it have been pushed into the cylinder? If so how to remove. Engine has not been turned over yet.
zen motorcycle
icon_bump.gif

Please
and
thank you
Brian_Boss
They do tend to stick in the manifold sometimes so I would check that. If it's not there, I would go ahead and fire it up. I doubt it would makei t into the cylinder and, if it did somehow, it probably wouldn't be disasterous. It's only rubber.

My car had two seals on a couple of the injectors - probably from the PO not noticing they stayed in the manifold.

Hope this helps.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.