Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HSR race @ daytona
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
URY914
QUOTE(TimT @ Nov 16 2006, 12:27 PM) *

Great pics!!

Doug do you have a better view of Frank Becks car?

I love the graphics on the hood, and have thought of plagiarizing that detail idea.gif

Kind of a Van Gogh Porsche crest sliding off the hood of my car....

Tim
I found it... biggrin.gif

ein 6er
good shot paul, i don't think i have anything better than that.
URY914
Doug,
I just posted that 962 picture on the Pelican 911 board. The have a 962 picture thread going. I gave you full credit. Hope you don't mind, I should of asked first.

Paul

IPB Image
914forme
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 16 2006, 01:32 PM) *

I want this air dam!!

IPB Image

B

agree.gif Who makes that one wub.gif
URY914
You can.
carr914
Great Shots as always Doug. Couldn't find a smiley with a camera so this will have to do aktion035.gif . Will you be at the HSR @ Sebring 1st weekend of Dec. If so let me know what day so we can get together.

T.C.

ps On that front valance, that was modified when the car was being prepped at Dave White Motorsports here in Tampa. They also lowered the engine about an inch and a half and modified the rear trunk lid to open the opposite way
914forme
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 17 2006, 08:08 PM) *

You can.

av-943.gif

I can do a boat hull, but I can't do that stuff, I really suck at parts like that.
ein 6er
no probleemo paul!!

t.c. .... i'll be at sebring sat. & sun.. hey, what's the story on KMW and the schneider/e.f.r. car?
ein 6er
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2006, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(ein 6er @ Nov 16 2006, 05:05 PM) *

one of the gtp cars running the alt off of the inboard cv,

Click to view attachment

multiple colorado 914 race cars do this

cool!! 1st time i had seen that. i got a look at the #74 judd v10 with the bonnet off, that thing is amazing!!! hard to believe they can get that v10 so low in the chassis. everything was as low in the chassis as possible, the alt was on the bottom tray and appeared to ran off of a shaft coming out of the tranny.
brant
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 17 2006, 09:05 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2006, 07:29 AM) *

QUOTE(ein 6er @ Nov 16 2006, 05:05 PM) *

one of the gtp cars running the alt off of the inboard cv,

Click to view attachment

multiple colorado 914 race cars do this

Do they run it off the flange of the tranny output shaft? With the alt. mounted on top of the tranny somehow?
Always wanted to do that.

I think its actually a flange on the CV
I could be wrong... but I think it was the CV end.
a mount that was above the tranny yes.
I've even seen a small square door cut into the trunk floor that was removed to change the belt.
maf914
QUOTE(914forme @ Nov 17 2006, 05:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 16 2006, 01:32 PM) *

I want this air dam!!

IPB Image

B

agree.gif Who makes that one wub.gif

Since that appears to be a Brumos prepared car, the front valance may be a Brumos piece. It looks like like a GT style valance that has been modified by extending and squaring off the lower contour.

A couple of years ago at an HSR event I was looking at the Brumos tent and the fleet of 914's they were running. I asked one of the mechanics a few questions about the body work and fiberglass pieces they used. He told me that the Brumos racing shop made their own fiberglass pieces and that they also sell them to private individuals. He told me to call the shop and make arrangements. You may want to give them a call about that spoiler/valance.

Oh, and as usual, great photos, Doug. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.