Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are webers made of?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I'm rebuilding some webers for markb, and the holes in the tabs on the body for receiving the screws that hold the top on are cracked, and one is actually half missing (only half the hole is there). Is there any chance of welding this stuff or should I just do what I can with JB weld?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bondo @ Nov 18 2006, 12:19 PM) *

I'm rebuilding some webers for markb, and the holes in the tabs on the body for receiving the screws that hold the top on are cracked, and one is actually half missing (only half the hole is there). Is there any chance of welding this stuff or should I just do what I can with JB weld?

The 40's on my six have an epoxy repair...
TimT
Marine-tex is your friend
bondo
Hmm, that's kinda what I figured. Is that really the best way to fix it? I guess I should be glad it's not spot exposed to gas.
Type 4 Unleashed

They can be welded very easily, by a good welder, the problem then is getting the weld machined flat, so no leaks, then the holes re drilled and tapped straight. I just had 2 sets done, and 1 of them for the same reason as yours, actually worse, 3 corners were broke off and the 4th was cracked.
bondo
QUOTE(Type 4 Unleashed @ Nov 19 2006, 12:37 AM) *

They can be welded very easily, by a good welder, the problem then is getting the weld machined flat, so no leaks, then the holes re drilled and tapped straight. I just had 2 sets done, and 1 of them for the same reason as yours, actually worse, 3 corners were broke off and the 4th was cracked.

Ooh, that's what I wanted to hear. Anyone have any junk weber parts I can practice on? welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.