914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Brad Roberts
914 people wont pay ???? LOL

B
TheCabinetmaker
Cheap bastards!
Brad Roberts
Actually the racers would (if they understand alignments).

B
TheCabinetmaker
I know the AX guy's around here spend plenty on stuff that doesn't help. I used to set all three axis of the chrysler front ends in just a few minutes and road test to center steering wheel. All in under 20 minutes. Seems like this would be great for track or autocross. Instant alignment for the specific track.
machina
"Actually the racers would (if they understand alignments)."

brad, first we better check the rule books. I understand enough to know that those things will kick me right out of most vintage classes.

dr
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(TimT @ Nov 12 2003, 03:54 PM)
Chris, those last pics I posted are of Nick V's 914. I took those at an event at Watkins Glen this past summer.

BTW Im interested in your suspension console idea

I wasn't too sure because it doesn't say "Formula" (like Ferrari) on the side of the car in your pic, like it did last time I saw it.

I thought there was a fence inside the garages at WGI.

I'll post pictures of the suspension when I get it together.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 12 2003, 04:10 PM)
new 914 control arm that adjusts camber/caster at the wheel

That looks nicer than what I saw in pics of Roger Sheridan's car in the past. Good idea, but seems like it would be somewhat more difficult to adjust than the stock method.
andys
QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Nov 12 2003, 01:10 PM)
Foley,

We need to chat about a new 914 control arm that adjusts camber/caster at the wheel. I have some already made.. I just need them duped. The jigs are buried in Texas and I wont have access them for another 6 months or so...

Here you go.

B

Brad,

I see the camber adjustment, but fail to see how caster is aeffected. Can you please explain?

Thanks,

Andy
r_towle
Brad,
What would the front/rear suspension setup pictured above cost?
I will do the front, for sure....need more info on the rear.

BTW, What you did to support the tranny is just right, minimalistic design,,,,,love it.
Is that the new version????

Rich
Brad Roberts
Andy.. I really shouldnt have said "caster". I get so used to chatting about the front end that it ends up in type.

I should have said TOE... LOL

B
914Timo
I should have said TOE... LOL

That explains a lot. I was just goingt to ask what a hell you are talking about !!! lol3.gif
andys
Brad,

Are the spherical bearings in the pic used for the trailing arm shaft? Also, where do the two A arms tie in? I assume these are used to set and maintain toe as well as stabilize the ears.

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.