Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caliper Rebuild.. how hard is it
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
My right rear caliper seems to be leaking fluid, I figured I'd go ahead and rebuild it but am wondering what's involved. Do I need special tools? etc?

Doug C
davep
Classic thread on this:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=24229

It is tricky and I did make some very special tools to do the job. It may depend on where it is leaking. It is cheap enough to get Eric to provide you with like new rebuilds. Calipers take several hours each if you do it right, and know what you are doing.
Joe Ricard
Rebuild them in an hour counting the removing from car.

I wil bet it is leaking from the outer adjustment screw.

Because you are missing the small snap ring that stops the lock nut from coming off. it also keeps the O-ring in the sealing surface.

2-OH!
It's real easy...

Remove from car, Drain throughly, box and send to Eric Shea in the resources section on this board...

Two weeks later, reinstall freshly overhauled units on car...

No mess, no stress no looking for seals or good pistons, honing housings or special tools required...

Just my 2 cents...

2-OH!
BKLA
QUOTE(2-OH! @ Nov 20 2006, 12:11 PM) *

It's real easy...

Remove from car, Drain throughly, box and send to Eric Shea in the resources section on this board...

Two weeks later, reinstall freshly overhauled units on car...

No mess, no stress no looking for seals or good pistons, honing housings or special tools required...

Just my 2 cents...

2-OH!

agree.gif

too many thingys to lose or misplace - send to Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.