Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good news for CO guys!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brew
Check it out.

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129155
TROJANMAN
ferrari chat? confused24.gif

Golf course and houses around a race track ?

BRILLIANT! slap.gif
Brew
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Nov 19 2006, 05:01 PM) *

Golf course and houses around a race track ?

BRILLIANT!

agree.gif Agreed!!

Maybe us NARP guys could go in on a condo??? Wait'll they get a load of us!!! piratenanner.gif
BMartin914
I need more proof. It was originally sold under the premise that it would not be used for motorsports in the future. Show me the MONEY.
jsteele22

Wonder if its Mr. Garage Mahal dude.... Like maybe he want's a little place to play, or at least let his private driver get his cars up to speed every now and then.

The posting did mention tearing down the grandstands. Maybe that satisfies the "no motorsports" clause in the previous sale; i.e., no sales of tickets to large numbers of fans.
jhadler
The sale stipulated that no large scale, spectator oriented events can be held. That left the door open for private and/or amateur stuff.

And I think I know who the buyer is. A fellow who's made many millions from the WWE. No, not a wrestler, I think he's a promoter or broadcaster type, a suit. Anyway, A friend of mine was down there a while back, just looking over the site, and up drove a ferrari and my friend ond the ferrari driver talked a bit. The guy seemed genuinely interested in buying the site, even then, and money did not seem to be an issue...

Anyway, that's what I heard...

-Josh2
BMartin914
QUOTE(jhadler @ Nov 20 2006, 11:59 AM) *

The sale stipulated that no large scale, spectator oriented events can be held. That left the door open for private and/or amateur stuff.

And I think I know who the buyer is. A fellow who's made many millions from the WWE. No, not a wrestler, I think he's a promoter or broadcaster type, a suit. Anyway, A friend of mine was down there a while back, just looking over the site, and up drove a ferrari and my friend ond the ferrari driver talked a bit. The guy seemed genuinely interested in buying the site, even then, and money did not seem to be an issue...

Anyway, that's what I heard...

-Josh2

getting closer...
TROJANMAN
ben,
are you getting excited to track that monster 35 horses you have in your wabbit?
BMartin914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Nov 20 2006, 02:32 PM) *

ben,
are you getting excited to track that monster 35 horses you have in your wabbit?

One LAST time Greg...It's 52 FWHP, 80 Lb/Ft of torque and NO - it is an around town driver. It would probably explode if tracked. FWD VW cooling systems lack much to be desired.

But that pull off the line will pin you in your seat. chairfall.gif
jsteele22
QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Nov 21 2006, 07:33 AM) *

ben,

One LAST time Greg...It's 52 FWHP, 80 Lb/Ft of torque and NO - it is an around town driver. It would probably explode if tracked. FWD VW cooling systems lack much to be desired.

Yeah, and it smells like french fries.
BMartin914
QUOTE(jsteele22 @ Nov 21 2006, 10:02 AM) *

QUOTE(BMartin914 @ Nov 21 2006, 07:33 AM) *

ben,

Yeah, and it smells like french fries.

Not exactly. More like straight diesel.
BMartin914
:::CONFIRMED:::

This morning on channel 9...

PPIR will be developed into a "country club style" track with monthly / yearly dues.

Sale is done according to the news.
majkos
popcorn[1].gif beer3.gif popcorn[1].gif
Brew
And another!!

A virtual plethora of tracks in the works! beerchug.gif clap56.gif
jhadler
Kind in mind folks, these are private country club tracks. Forget about taking the car out there for a half day of test and tune for only $100 or so. In order to take advantage of the track like that is going to be coughing up enough money to buy a Boxter. Now, it's hopefull that they'll rent their tracks to clubs for weekend events, DE's and Club Races, but Test n' Tune? Probably not, but one can hope...

And I doubt that they'll be cheap track to lease...

Also, there are plenty more tracks in the works right now. So it won't only be country clubs.

-Josh2
Brew
I've been wondering about that Josh. Do you think there's really enough of a market to support 1, much less 2, country club tracks in CO? If there isnt enough market, wouldn't the owners then look for different markets; i.e.-club events, test and tunes, etc?
BMartin914
When I first heard this story on the news, they said that fees/dues for "similar facilities" range from $1200 - $3500. They did not say if that was monthly/bi-annually/annually, but it seems pretty cheap for an annual due for the gold chain and chest hair crowd...
brant
Ben,

I think those estimates/averages are annual per a person.
your right, thats probably cheap to some.

its pretty scarry to me though

brant
BMartin914
That's still quite expensive for most of us. Myself included.

But for someone with the scratch to buy a $100,000+ car, that's a nice dinner out with the wife...I expected that figure to be monthly.

Would be nice to see some more Second Creek-like tracks in the works. I've been told they are working on one, maybe two in the state.
Brew
$1500 a year for PPIR would be on the cusp of "doable" for me, depending on access and amenities. Anytime access, an on-site garage, timing equipment? It'd be worth it, but I'm afraid the initial buy-in would be too substantial to make it viable.

But, I can't see there being enough motor sport enthusiasts in Colorado to support both tracks business plans, but you guys have been in the scene alot longer than I. What do you think?

I breifly perused the Miller site, and it looks like they had a few "open track" days, at a cost of $100. That'll work around here!!

Still, more tracks = more opportunity for track days, hopefully.
jhadler
Well, I for one probably couldn't afford the dues to be a member of any of these country clubs (much as I would love to). Most of my car budget is spent on entry fees to competition events, tires, repairs, etc.

I prefer the method that Second Creek used, a punch card for track days durring the week. Wound up being a little cheaper than if you paid for the days individually.

But I agree, I don't think that there's enough of a market to support two _new_ country club motorsports facilities. Either PPIR or Genoa will make it. And that would make two motorsports country clubs in CO. The other being woody creek up in Aspen. And the annual dues for woody creek if I recall are not particularly cheap. If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on PPIR making it. Genoa still doesn't have money, and PPIR already has asphalt... However, PPIR is still further away than Genoa, and that might weigh in to which track attracts the most clients.

Still, I doubt it's all doom and gloom, even if both PPIR and Genoa come to fruition, they're still likely to rent the tracks for club events, either that or there's a much larger market for private members than we're considering.

-Josh2
Brew
It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

So, whattya know about other new local tracks? cool_shades.gif if ya dont mind my askin?
BMartin914
I just found this thru PCA

Click to view attachment
jhadler
QUOTE(Brew @ Dec 3 2006, 07:31 PM) *

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

So, whattya know about other new local tracks? cool_shades.gif if ya dont mind my askin?

I don't mind you askin'... If you don't mind me not telling... shades.gif

The Genoa, PPIR and CAMA plans are public. And ISC is just a matter of time before they pull the trigger. Money talks and stromberg.gif walks. And ISC has a LOT of money.

And if those are the only ones that come to fruition, we're still in good shape. There's more on the drawing board, but they're not yet ready for prime time, so to speak...

-Josh2
Brew
The more, the better!! clap56.gif
balthazar
Maybe we could all go in on a membership and just have one name on the account. We would all just be the guest of the actual member, a guy named " Ni Nefourteen Jr." laugh.gif

QUOTE(Brew @ Dec 7 2006, 04:12 PM) *

The more, the better!! clap56.gif

jhadler
QUOTE(balthazar @ Dec 8 2006, 06:07 AM) *

Maybe we could all go in on a membership and just have one name on the account. We would all just be the guest of the actual member, a guy named " Ni Nefourteen Jr." laugh.gif

I love it!!! But what if we all want to be there at the same time???

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.