Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey dual carb guys!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ahdoman
For those of you with dual carbs...what pressure do you run at?
JoeSharp
3 to 4 PSI.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TravisNeff
agree.gif
Joe Ricard
3 PSI and nothing more. 10mm float hieght and nothing more.
hmeeder
3.5 psi, 10mm floats
HeloMech
Yup Yup, same here. CB rotary pump at 3.5 psi
akellym
I run 6lbs w/ 44 webers, with no problems what so ever. biggrin.gif
ahdoman
Thanks for all the great info guys but... my 1 hour job just turned into a major project...My fuel pump died on me today (it was an aftermarket) and so I bought another aftermarket to install (running dual Dellorto 44's). I got up under the car to remove the old one and believe it or not the mounts were rusted so bad they just snapped right out! Rust? On a 914? OK, no problem I'll just mount it to the firewall instead. It's about then that I discover that there's not enough room to get a drill in there to tap a couple of holes. So I'm hoping one of the local clubbers can help a bro out with some simple tack welding. I'm going to fabricate a bracket that I need to get welded to the firewall to the right of where the fuel line comes out. Oh well, that's why I bought the car...for hours of fun and enjoyment.
Chogokin
I put mine up front in the trunk, works great, its a bunch easier to get to than underneath. smile.gif
HeloMech
yeah, I've heard alot of them being relocated to the front trunk area. Also... welding near fuel lines? Did I hear that correctly? lol...

what's that old Saliva song...? click click boom!? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.