Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HPMX carbs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fall-apart-dave
Alreet!

Does anyone know if HPMX carbs have ports for a vacuum advance dizzy? If not, can someone point me in the right direction.... Port my existing manifolds, or get a bosch 009 dizzy and maybe an electronic ignition?

Cheers

Dave
JoeSharp
The beest dizzy we found for cheep is the 050.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
SGB
The stock diz with ports blocked will work also, but not quite as well as others. 009s are poorly made these days, and the curve on the 050 is better too.
Chogokin
I have the HPMX carbs, and they do have the vac ports on them, I am running a dual advance SVDA from aircooled.net, works pretty good for me. The only real problem I have with the HPMX is proper jetting, one of these days when I have time (and money biggrin.gif ) I will get our local expert over here to help me out with that.
fall-apart-dave
QUOTE(Chogokin @ Nov 26 2006, 10:57 AM) *

I have the HPMX carbs, and they do have the vac ports on them, I am running a dual advance SVDA from aircooled.net, works pretty good for me. The only real problem I have with the HPMX is proper jetting, one of these days when I have time (and money biggrin.gif ) I will get our local expert over here to help me out with that.

Where abouts are the ports? I can't see them, but then I've never used vacuum advance ports before either! What size pipe do I need? And I'm guessing a T-piece is needed too, right?

I have 44's, and a 1.7 (but I am planning a bigger lump hence bigger carbs!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.