Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door Handles OEM OEQ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iamchappy
I have purchased a pair of door handles from two different vendors, the first pair I sent back because the drivers handle was from the old stock, comes in a gray box, and the left was new stock packaged in a brown box. Both handles are Porsche Parts but different castings.
The gray box, old new stock is the regular handle that came installed on our cars.
The later, packaged in the brown box, is different as the back edge of the lock casting
is notched.

On both orders the correct old style handle in the gray box were LH drivers side handles and the notched handles in the brown packaging were RH passinger side.

Looks like I will be sending these back also. If anyone knows who has the old style
RH handles in gray packaging please chime in.

URY914
I just looked at the 2 dozen or so handles that I have and I don't see a notch on any of them. Maybe all mine are OEM. confused24.gif I've never seen the notched ones.
Joe Ricard
2 dozen??? Geesh guess I won't bother trading you handles for hubs.

You also seem to think you don't need driving lessons. Hmm.
URY914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Nov 27 2006, 06:44 PM) *

2 dozen??? Geesh guess I won't bother trading you handles for hubs.

You also seem to think you don't need driving lessons. Hmm.

22 of the 24 are broken. sad.gif
914Sixer
I have never seen the notched one either. Maybe it was an unmentioned upgrade or production change?
iamchappy
The quality of the older style is clearly better, the chrome and finish is superior.
I purchase new mirrors which are new production parts and they were of the same
poor quality compared to the old stock.
URY914
Where did you get them from?
iamchappy
First pair from a Ebay store Eurotec, the second from GPR.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.