Full Version: Randal B's Original Ride!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
J P Stein
QUOTE(Randal @ Dec 1 2006, 05:39 PM) *

QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 1 2006, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2006, 04:25 PM) *

I miss hanging out with you Randal smilie_pokal.gif
You have NO idea how much positive influence you have had on me.
Thanks for all your guidance.
B

Oh yeah, the 2 of you have been a big help for me.
I usta' have this pretty stock 914..... I prolly shoulda gone out of my way to thank youz guys before this thing turned out to be a vehical with no redeeming social value alfred.gif
Bill: Consider yourself included in this rant. biggrin.gif

JP....you gotta do Hoopa with us this year.

I find my instinct for self preservation growing stronger with age.
Hill climbs & jumping out of perfectly good airplanes are not on my list
of "fun things". biggrin.gif
I am gonna get down that way in the spring for an AX (God willing & the creek don't rise). I'm just waiting for Bill to let me know about a good course (intestinal tracts are out) on a good venue before I start planning.
grantsfo
I think 2007 should be a great 914 year in Nor Cal. I'm definitely doing Hoopa if I can get in. My car should be finished by January. I'm off to GD Racing this weekend to kickoff phase II.
nebreitling
randal, you're gonna run an alternator but not a starter?
DNHunt
I usta' have this pretty stock 914..... I prolly shoulda gone out of my way to thank youz guys before this thing turned out to be a vehical with no redeeming social value alfred.gif

It seems to me the last time I saw your car it still had 2 seats and you affectionately called it the "shitbox". It's pretty clear to me it has at least as much social value as a 2 holer. hide.gif

I hope all is well with you JP
Randal
QUOTE(nebreitling @ Dec 1 2006, 10:26 PM) *

randal, you're gonna run an alternator but not a starter?

I bought a light weight starter last night. Will probably run the origional alternator until we take the engine out the first time.

I don't think I got any hits on my thread in the garage concerning light weight alternators, but I'll go look again.
J P Stein
I've seen several cars at AX without alternators.
They all seem to have starting problems at one time or another....usually in the staging lanes.....poor planing or engineering, me thinks.

If a guy was to put external links to the battery, all the thrashing around....opening hoods/hatches, ripping at the cover over the positive post, running for jumper cables & battery..only to find it too is flat av-943.gif
could be avoided. It holds up the show, but is kinda fun to watch.

For me, it would be a PITA. I'd have to gut the windings from my alternator, cause I need the shaft & housing for the fan. Lotta pain for 5-6 lbs loss......cheep, tho biggrin.gif
Randal
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 2 2006, 09:00 AM) *

I've seen several cars at AX without alternators.
They all seem to have starting problems at one time or another....usually in the staging lanes.....poor planing or engineering, me thinks.

If a guy was to put external links to the battery, all the thrashing around....opening hoods/hatches, ripping at the cover over the positive post, running for jumper cables & battery..only to find it too is flat av-943.gif
could be avoided. It holds up the show, but is kinda fun to watch.

For me, it would be a PITA. I'd have to gut the windings from my alternator, cause I need the shaft & housing for the fan. Lotta pain for 5-6 lbs loss......cheep, tho biggrin.gif

Right, how much work do you want to do now, and at the track, for saving 10lbs of weight.

That 5lb alternator is cool though. Probably take 10 hours to adapt it.
nine14cats
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 1 2006, 05:33 PM) *

QUOTE(Brad Roberts @ Dec 1 2006, 04:25 PM) *

I miss hanging out with you Randal smilie_pokal.gif
You have NO idea how much positive influence you have had on me.
Thanks for all your guidance.
B

Oh yeah, the 2 of you have been a big help for me.
Bill: Consider yourself included in this rant. biggrin.gif

Your Welcome! happy11.gif

JP, I actually would classify us more like "co-dependents" than anything else. If you look through threads on our 914-6 evolutions I see spring rates, sway bars, shocks, dot-r's, slicks, ackerman, slip angles, friction circles, weight reduction, home bodywork and painting, etc. all talked about between us and shared with the board. In reality, I'm not so sure it wasn't you that sent me spiraling to the darkeside. In fact, I'm now even looking at Jewelry for my wife from one of your suggestions.... laugh.gif

Glad and proud to be an moral enabler for your addiction!

Bill P.
J P Stein
QUOTE(nine14cats @ Dec 2 2006, 10:52 AM) *

JP, I actually would classify us more like "co-dependents" than anything else. If you look through threads on our 914-6 evolutions I see spring rates, sway bars, shocks, dot-r's, slicks, ackerman, slip angles, friction circles, weight reduction, home bodywork and painting, etc. all talked about between us and shared with the board. In reality, I'm not so sure it wasn't you that sent me spiraling to the darkeside. In fact, I'm now even looking at Jewelry for my wife from one of your suggestions.... laugh.gif

Glad and proud to be an moral enabler for your addiction!

Bill P.

No way it's my fault.....I blamed you first. huh.gif

BTW, Grant, good move, bad move, good move.
J P Stein
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Dec 2 2006, 06:45 AM) *

It seems to me the last time I saw your car it still had 2 seats and you affectionately called it the "shitbox". It's pretty clear to me it has at least as much social value as a 2 holer. hide.gif

I hope all is well with you JP

Actually, Dave, things have gone to hell in a hand basket.
The shop is a God awful mess and my assistants (the guys that do all the work) have deserted me to deal with problems of their own (like those are important...pufh.)
I can't hardly walk around in there.
You any good with a broom? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.