Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Video Games With Porsches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9magazine
I received a phone call from Midway Software, they make video games for the Play Station and others. They have a new game called "RUSH" and wanted 9magazine to do a review on it. Turns out this game doesn't have any Porsches in it, so I declined to review the game.

Am not a gamer, heck the last video game machine I owned must have been an Atari am sure.

My question is this: what video games are out there which feature Porsches in them? Could we pull together a list on the 914club site... Christmas is just around the corner and I could see a new Playstation and games under the tree smile.gif

Brian
9magazine.com
tat2dphreak
GTL has classic porsches, but that's for PC-only...

for PS2- best bet is probably Gran Turismo, they only have the Ruf cars tho... you can go old school, my favorite is Need for speed: Porsche Unleashed

the NFS games have porsches, but it's not very realistic... but NFS Most wanted was one of the most fun Racing games I've played... Cayman included... and its one of the best cars in the game...

there's a few others on PC or XBOX I can mention, bus since you asked for PS2...
blitZ
GT Legends has a 906, 911RSR and a 914/6

flyloki
Actually the Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed is all Porsche and pretty realistic as far as physics. It's a bit primitive by today's standards but very fun none the less.
mudfoot76
QUOTE(flyloki @ Nov 30 2006, 12:13 PM) *

Actually the Need For Speed Porsche Unleashed is all Porsche and pretty realistic as far as physics. It's a bit primitive by today's standards but very fun none the less.

You forget to mention that the 914 is represented in NFS:Porsche Unleashed. In fact, it has pretty much all of the models (including 917). I've yet to see another video game represent a product line so thoroughly. Too bad it wasn't updated for the better graphics on the PS2.
BMXerror
The physics in NFS are pretty primative too. They seem to have programed some of the characteristics of, say a 911's handling quirks into a rather limited physics engine, instead of setting up a good physics engine and letting it figure out how the car would handle.
GTL is the BOMB as far as physics go, and it has a pretty wide selection of cool classic cars, including the affore mentioned Porsches. The only thing that really turns me of about that game (and it's a BIG thing) is the career mode. You can can't just go to an open practice session and drive whatever you want, wherever you want. You have to go through their set schedual and 'unlock' tracks and 'buy' cars. It's rather, well, NeedForSpeedish. Isn't the point of video games so you don't have to do all that stuff? Just my opinion. Still, you can drive the RSR and the 914-6 as soon as you install.
As a slight hijack, we have an online server on the club for GT Legends that runs a spec 914 class, but participation has been, well, poor. I know I was on here six months before I even noticed the online gaming section of the forum, so I thought I'd remind all the gamers about it. It's a way for us poor folk to get some track time against real 914 racers (ussually the ones who's cars are on jackstands at the moment). Just go the "Online Gaming" section of the forums (towards the bottom) and check out the nailed thread on GT Legends. It'll tell you everything you need to do to get started. Hijack over.
Mark D.
project-914
"RUSH" was a game by midway back when the N64 came out...they didn't have real cars but instead "muscle, hatch, can, extreme, sedan etc." but no actually real cars

I know because I got it when it came out when I was like 10...jejeje
9magazine
I wonder if this is a new version of the game? Since we are on this subject what about PC and XBOX, anything interesting out there?

Brian
9magazine.com
teen914
for xbox there is Project Gothem, one and two. i think there is some on project gothem 3 for xbox 360. they mostly 911's but there are some race cars in them
johannes
For PC you also have rFactor. THis has one of the best physics today. There are no Porsche included but there are a lot of mods available. One mod includes a set of Porsche Carrera. There are a lot of mods in progress, so expect more Porsche to come

R factor website http://rfactor.net/

Mods are here http://www.rfactorcentral.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.