Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I get the seats out of my 75 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardc197
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to remove the passenger seat. I have been attempting to feel around under the set and around the seat rales for a tab, release or somthing. Help!
Porsche Rescue
There is a spring tab in the seat track (not the one with the release). Look with a flashlight and you can see it. You can reach it with a screwdriver or your finger. Press it up while pulling the seat forward.
richardc197
QUOTE(jim9146 @ Nov 13 2003, 08:12 PM)
There is a spring tab in the seat track (not the one with the release). Look with a flashlight and you can see it. You can reach it with a screwdriver or your finger. Press it up while pulling the seat forward.

In the front or back?
Andyrew
Front, opp side of the tab. where you think your fingers shouldnt go... press both the black pull tap and the spring tab that you press with your finger up and pull the seat at the same time.. Should slide right out.. but mine never does.

Andrew
TheCabinetmaker
Pull the seat all the way forward first, then feel on the other seat rail for a piece of flat metal spring.
rhodyguy
after you pull the seat all the way forward then go back a little bit. this will let the spring push up easily. watch out when it releases and comes all the way forward. if you wear a glove you won't get a blood blister on your index finger.

kevin
onrails
blood blister! been there. headbang.gif

agree.gif

yep,,,,,all the way forward,,& bacl just a-little!
should pull right out.after pushing the tab.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.