Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Louvers in rear valence
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SGB
There was a thread here recently discussing value or lack of it for the rear valence. I know it can catch snow in cold climates and I think there was a pretty apparent wind resistance noted...
SO
I've been think I might cut a few ( maybe two on each side) louvers as high as possible on the valence. I know some really nice venting approaches were in that other thread, but the focus was cooling, not drag.
Question: am I waisting my time?
Related #2: Is it of practical concaern or am I lost in theory? Will two 8 or 10 inch long 3/8ths slots be adequate?

Thanks for any input...
Brad Roberts
It will help with your cooling (you might not notice)

Go for it. They are fairly easy/cheap to come by if you want dont like what yours looks like when you are done.

B
Brad Roberts
Some other questions I have:

Do you have SSI's? or stocker style HE's??

The SSI's run really hot compared to the stockers (obviously different materials)

I have seen people with NO fuel pump vapor lock issues switch to SSI's and all of a sudden have an issue. Could have been coicidence.. maybe not..

B
SGB
Yes, my HE's are SSI, but the feul pump is up front (carbs), but I'm more focussed on drag....
When under the car, the trunk floor goes back into the vertical panal infront of the bumper, then the scoop shaped valence just seems to add to the "big shovel" effect. I'm sure the airflow is needed over the muffler, but it certainly doesn't seem to be controlled or directed in any way.
Brad Roberts
Then it depends on how much air is getting under the car (ride height/air dam up front) it all factors in.

Trekkors sweeper dam doesnt allow much (if any..lol) air to flow under the car. Whereas a stock front valance promotes air flow under the car.

B

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.