Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweet Twin Blower, Wasserboxer case, VW drag car!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Britain Smith
Check out this engine build-up on the Austrailan VW site...

Aussie VW Forums

IPB Image

Will this fit in a teener?

-Britain
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Dec 5 2006, 12:48 PM) *

Check out this engine build-up on the Austrailan VW site...
Aussie VW Forums
IPB Image
Will this fit in a teener?
-Britain

Sure. All you needs is a little sawzall-smiley.gif and then some welder.gif

In like flynn.

Zach
Cap'n Krusty
That case doesn't even remotely resemble a wasserboxer case. The Cap'n
Boojum
It says in the article that the water jackets were machined off to accommodate air cooled cylinders. If that's what you want to call them, they have no fins, so I don't know how effective that could possibly be. Presumably the wasserboxer case is stronger in some way?

Regardless, it's pretty crazy, but it looks like it does the job.
Jake Raby
have done an "Oxyboxer" before... There is a lot of machining involved.

The wasser is a culmination of a TI and TIV engine with a few specialized parts.
The biggest benefit of the wasser is that it uses TIV mains and a TIV flywheel attachment method and the fact that it has a die cast aluminum case made of the same material as the TIV and 911 cases.

The one I id was built from 100% VW parts with the only aftermarket part being the camshaft. It made 175HP from 2109cc..

Its one of the things I explored doing heavily before I decided to go wild with Type 4 stuff as a specialty, but there is so much machine work involved that it wasn't persued on my behalf.. And it uses a lot of Type 1 parts that are pure shit and made in 3rd world countries with a total lack of quality..
Cap'n Krusty
One would think a Scat case, or some of the others available to the drag racing market, would be a more cost effective solution. Not being a T1 guy, or a drag racer, that is pure speculation on my part. The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.