Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel painting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
I have a set of late model (75-76) steel wheels that I want to run on my car. I am planning a 5 lug conversion, so I need to sell my 4 lug fuchs to help finance it.

The 4 lug steelies need some cleaning up. They don't have to be perfect mind you, but I'd like to get the rust off of them at a minimum.

I'd like to paint them black, as I think that will look good with my Phx Red car. I have read some of the threads on PP about using wurth paint, but since this is a temporary measure (a few months I would guess) is there a CSOB way to paint these and have them look presentable?

I can media blast them nice and clean. Just looking for a cheap way to make them black.

Thanks!
G e o r g e
Joe if you blast them, take them down to a powder coater probably get them done for around 15$ each
KaptKaos
Yeah George, I thought of that too. I guess what I should have asked was if I need to use Wurth, or would some other rattle can suffice given that this is a temporary plan?
Aaron Cox
rattle can will last fine.....

the lips will get beat up from the tire machine....
KaptKaos
mat or gloss?
Spoke
Here's rattle can quality painting. Gloss black.

Wet sand 220, then 400. Prime, then wet sand 600 and paint.

Spoke

KaptKaos
Spoke,

That looks pretty good. What paint did you use?

Mueller
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 5 2006, 02:48 PM) *

Spoke,

That looks pretty good. What paint did you use?

dude, you are putting "way" too much thought into this....clean the rim, spray with gloss black from Orchard Supply Hardware biggrin.gif
Gint
Even easier. Take all of them to the powder coater. Most of them do blasting also. Have them do the whole thing, blast and coat. Drive back over and pick them up. Done.
KaptKaos
QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 5 2006, 03:17 PM) *

Even easier. Take all of them to the powder coater. Most of them do blasting also. Have them do the whole thing, blast and coat. Drive back over and pick them up. Done.

You clearly don't have a degree from CSOB College.
HeloMech
Home depot... I think rustoleum... white can, satin black, paint code 77777. I LOVE that stuff.... cheap... CSOB Approved.
Gint
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Dec 5 2006, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Gint @ Dec 5 2006, 03:17 PM) *

You clearly don't have a degree from CSOB College.

Time IS money. You can't buy time.

And powder coating is damn cheap actually.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.