Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stupid electrical question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
biosurfer1
I need to make a jumper for my headlight relay, but I'm not an electrical guy at all, so I wasnt sure what this part is called that allows you to put 2 (or more) female connectors on the headlight terminal. I was trying to explain what i needed to the guy at the hardware store but just got a blank look..is there a technical term for one?

Click to view attachment
Joe Bob
I just take what I got to the electrics guy and say...I wants DIS!.....then I look at the box for the discription....
Crazyhippy
i use thingamajig...

but doo-hickey works as well

BJ(take on in w/ you)H
TravisNeff
Hermaphrodite Terminals. lol
MoveQik
It's the Utah connector. It allows several females to be connected to one male. w00t.gif
cooltimes
An inline multi receptable is what I would call it but can't ever recall seeing one for the multiple spade setup you are wanting. I am thinking you will have to make it yourself. If someone else can do it, you could too.

MikeCool
bondo
The female plugs that have a male tab on them are called "piggyback connectors". Not quite what you have there, but close. Does that help?
pbanders
You can buy these piggyback connectors at most auto parts stores, in the electrical aisle
bondo
Found it. Part number 8019K86 at mcmaster.com. I hope you needed 25 of them. smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
Ummm try FLAPS? Radio shack? Decent hardware or electronics stores. These are common parts.
biosurfer1
thanks, thats actually a picture of what i need, not my pic...i'll try piggyback connector. duh, i should have thought to try radioshack:)
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 7 2006, 12:55 PM) *

- I need to make a jumper for my headlight relay
- I'm not an electrical guy at all

these two concern me ... biggrin.gif

may i ask WHY you *need* a jumper for your headlight relay ???
confused24.gif Andy
biosurfer1
because its one of the new 5 prong relay and there are only 4 connections. jumpering 30 to 56.

I'm following advice YOU gave in this thread:)

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...c=16320&hl=

(i meant i'm not an electrical guy in the sense I don't know the technical terms for everything, I do know how not to shock myself:) )
jd66921

Radio Shack part # 64-3064

Quick connect adapter set.

It contains 8 different tyopes for under$2.00

Jeff
SirAndy
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 7 2006, 03:02 PM) *

I'm following advice YOU gave in this thread smile.gif

ok, i feel better now ... biggrin.gif

don't know what they're called in english, but any good electronics store will have them ...

piggy-back seems like a good word ...
smile.gif Andy
biosurfer1
thanks jeff...i'll hit up "da shack" after work...maybe i'll have TWO headlights after tonight!
jd66921
Glad I was able to help, finally!

Jeff
jd66921
By the away, if you can't find any, I have plenty. PM me!

Jeff
914werke
Your kidding no one ?......"flux Capacitor" av-943.gif
biosurfer1
well radio shack had them, plug it in and worked great...only problem was the headlight still didnt work, so I went through every fuse again and i must have said the magic curse word this time becasue it works now...just one more reason to get the blade type fuse holder :/
mightyohm
do yourself a big favor and get all new fuses for the fuse panel!

they oxidize and make bad connections over time. a nice short term fix is to rotate the fuses in the holders a few times. biggrin.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 7 2006, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 7 2006, 03:02 PM) *

I'm following advice YOU gave in this thread smile.gif

ok, i feel better now ... biggrin.gif

don't know what they're called in english, but any good electronics store will have them ...

piggy-back seems like a good word ...
smile.gif Andy

Just say it German Andy... We have all heard bad words before. biggrin.gif
TINCAN914
QUOTE(biosurfer1 @ Dec 7 2006, 05:04 PM) *

thanks jeff...i'll hit up "da shack" after work...maybe i'll have TWO headlights after tonight!

I was looking for the same thing last month. Went to Radio shack, and three FLAPS and no luck. It's off to McMaster I go.....
biosurfer1
tincan...if your radio shack has all the setup with all the trays, with the leds, switches, etc. they should have them, they were in the back of the "wire connections" tray.

I got all new fuses, they will be going in tonight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.