Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pelican Parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914nerd
Well, I ordered a rather large order from pelican a little while back and only got around to using one of the parts this past weekend
After a great deal of sweat and blood, I finally got my entire front suspension apart (for the first time in the history of the car) only to discover that the t-bars that Pelican sent me were the wrong ones.
Instead of the 29 spline 914 bars, they sent the 30 spline 914/6 bars
Grrr....
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with Pelican and if anyone has any recommendations as to who to talk to and/or what to do to get this resolved as quickly as possible
(This has not, by the way, turned me off of pelican as they are an excellent source of parts)

Thanks,
Charles
TravisNeff
Yup, had ordered some rear -4 rotors and got -6 ones instead. A couple of phone calls and didn't feel I was getting anywhere then talked with Wayne - once he got involved they took care of me right away.
Sammy
content removed
Aaron Cox
order through our man glenn. he is a member here and has always done me right.

pelican is good stuff. simple mistake - sorry you had to deal with it.
Dave_Darling
Glenn is also a really good guy who will do his best to get things resolved. Drop him a line and see.

(I'm not tied into the sales or customer service end of things--which is frankly how I like it--so I can't really be of direct help in this situation.)

Mix-ups happen all the time. Chances are pretty decent that the item was drop-shipped directly from the manufacturer or wholesaler, and that either they put the wrong part in the box, or we didn't tell them the exact right part...

--DD
rmital
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Dec 11 2006, 07:50 PM) *

Glenn is also a really good guy who will do his best to get things resolved. Drop him a line and see.

agree.gif ex. 240
jr91472
PP is my primary source for parts (new that is cool_shades.gif )
Hammy
I've had no problems
JmuRiz
Always had good service from them.
maf914
I've made several orders with PP and so far service has been very good. Can't complain. biggrin.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE(rmital @ Dec 11 2006, 03:35 PM) *

agree.gif ex. 240

They have been right on the money with all of my orders, but I'm sure even the best of places can make a mistake now & then (are we still talking about Pelican?)
SGB
Pelican messed up an order I made, ONCE, and it took a couple of attempts to explain, but once they knew of a problem, they made sure it was processed, and that I knew the status. I occaisionally purchase from other sources, but TRUST is their best product, so I keep coming back.
grantsfo
I have had countless smooth transactions with them with not a single issue.
neo914-6
Parts I needed for neo914 were late and they didn't give me enough notice to second source them before SEMA. The online status didn't work for me either. I explained the situation so they cancelled my order. I had to later explain I still wanted the parts and reopen the order. They finally shipped the parts later than indicated but timing wasn't an issue. They obviously don't have control of their drop ship vendors and can't follow up on every part.

Lesson's learned:
work with Glen next time...
order well well well in advance of needing the parts
lagunero
QUOTE(Grimstead @ Dec 12 2006, 12:44 PM) *

QUOTE(rmital @ Dec 11 2006, 03:35 PM) *

agree.gif ex. 240

They have been right on the money with all of my orders, but I'm sure even the best of places can make a mistake now & then (are we still talking about Pelican?)

I agree with Bill. They screwed up a few of mine but I still buy from them. Call Glenn and tell him you're Aaron.
John
I have not had them ship wrong parts, but my only complaint about them is that I have had them (on more than one occasion) bill my credit card when my order was placed only to find out that parts were NLA. I had to call a couple times to get them to credit my card....

On their site, they claim that they don't bill the card until the order is shipped, but this clearly isn't the policy that they follow.

I normally order on-line, so I don't have a preferred salesperson.

The few sales reps that I have spoken to on the phone were not really knowledgable and weren't even located at Pelican Parts, but were working out of their homes, so they couldn't physically look at the parts that I had questions about.
Amphicar770
Ordered clutch kit parts. Received sromg exhaust gaskets for my '74 2.0 (year and model specified correctly on order). I notified them via on-line ticket that I received the wrong gaskets (too small). Expected them to say, "no worries, correct replacement is on the way". The response back was .... A link to the correct gaskets. Pah, I ordered new ones from AA.
r_towle
Ten year old thread.
Did you try calling pelican?

It helps to talk to a person...they are very good about resolving issues.
porschetub
Have had minor issues and bought many parts from them hence my main tool cabinet is covered in their stickers biggrin.gif .
If any parts are wrong or damaged I'am screwed as its too costly to send back,they are the best that I have dealt with,I stopped using Autohaus as their shipping was too expensive,shame cause they often have parts that Pelican doesn't stock.
I always rate the products Pelican use after purchase,if people don't and just complain to others it will never get sorted.
Dave_Darling
I recommend Glenn Sager or Bruce Stone. They're both 914 guys, and good people to boot!

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.