Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: right side not working well
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
I have dual dell's, the car idles rough, but runs. I noticed the left side exhaust very hot and the right warm. I can see fuel going in, and when I put my hand over the top right throut the idle goes up. ar15.gif Whe I remove my hand I can see sparks deep in the throat and the left side carbs backfire a little. So I have fuel and I have spark what can I look into. headbang.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Dec 11 2006, 02:43 PM) *

I have dual dell's, the car idles rough, but runs. I noticed the left side exhaust very hot and the right warm. I can see fuel going in, and when I put my hand over the top right throut the idle goes up. ar15.gif Whe I remove my hand I can see sparks deep in the throat and the left side carbs backfire a little. So I have fuel and I have spark what can I look into. headbang.gif

ok, let me get this straight ...

you see sparks when you look down your carbs? confused24.gif

sounds like it's time for a valve adjustment ...
the "spark" thing should happen when the valves are closed. meaning, you shouldn't be able to look down your carb and see any sparks ...
smash.gif Andy
Twystd1
Ditto,

Tight valve.

You can't set your carbs until you have done a COMPLETE tune up toyour engine...

Else you will chase your tail forever.

Set valves first.

Then point adjust (if you have them) (use new points please)

Then timing.

Then set the carbs up to both open at the same time and the same amount when the throttle cable is pulled.

THEN you sync the carbs.

In that order.

STOP... Until you have done the above. And reprt back to us with what has transpired.

Thats what I would do in your position...

Cheers and Merry Christmas..!!!!!!

C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.