Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turbo 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
m3d
is any one working on a turbo 914 i would love to see pic of your work :Qarl:
Eric_Shea
There's a few that have been done.

Maybe Pete can point you to a back issue of Excellence with a nice article on Ed Vill___???'s car. It was a really clean install. (sorry Ed, didn't want to TOTALLY butcher it)

There's some here as well. 6's/4's.

Jake was working on a 4 kit but dropped it because "914 owners are too cheap" or something like that. biggrin.gif confused24.gif

Too bad because that probably would have been a well prepared kit.
Eric_Shea
Forgot!

welcome.png
pfierb
Ed Morrow has done one on his 76 looks interesting.

Hope you don't mind Ed?

Paul F.
race914
welcome.png

Not sure if you are considering a 4 or a 6.

For a 4, do some searches on this site, there are a few projects going on...

For a 6, here is my favorite!

Happy Holidays!
Joe Bob
Ahem......you can't turbo a 914....
ottox914
You can follow my progress here:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=65883

I'll post more as it happens.

Unlike that totally cool six, I'll still have a rear trunk. Also unlike that cool six, I'll probably (if I'm lucky) have about 1/4 the HP/TQ that beast must have.

Do a search for member "iamchappy" and "turbo" in the subject line, and you'll see some more photos of a turbo'd street 6.

Here is "airsix" and his turbo thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...90&hl=turbo
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Dec 26 2006, 08:38 AM) *

There's a few that have been done.

Maybe Pete can point you to a back issue of Excellence with a nice article on Ed Vill___???'s car. It was a really clean install. (sorry Ed, didn't want to TOTALLY butcher it)

There's some here as well. 6's/4's.

Jake was working on a 4 kit but dropped it because "914 owners are too cheap" or something like that. biggrin.gif confused24.gif

Too bad because that probably would have been a well prepared kit.

Yeah, Jake had laid off the turbo thing after one big push, a good while ago, but he's back on it now! A thread on another "club" site got him to give out a crumb or two. He's been looking at low boost with another Georgia man--retired engineer, I think, and will give it progressively more time over the next year. Hopes to keep the famous Jake reliability, a moderate cost, and even more Jake power. Not sure-he may even enable all this without making us change to a special cam--ie bolt-on, if your motor is already strong and tight. Says he thinks we should be getting at least 100 hp/liter. I can wait a year or so for that! Might win him a Nobel prize, or the Stutgart equivalent, even. -Chris in DC 'burbs
nein14
Here one for you, who said you can't turbo a 914 av-943.gif
iamchappy
Here is my effort.
Joe Bob
Not sure if I siad it FIRST...but I sure gave Sammy a ration of crud when he first tried to....
iamchappy
My new install will have the battery moved to the front trunk, the front of the rear trunk firewall restored. It will be a much cleaner installation which will still give me some trunk space.
Air_Cooled_Nut
If you're curious about what Mikez's avitar is all about...
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads/post-...-1167346116.gif
nomore9one4
We have one,but it has a Turbo Ford V6 in it. It runs real fine. driving.gif
nein14
That one doesn't count , it's NOT air cooled biggrin.gif
BIG OLE 4
To clarify:
I'm not working on a 914 specific Turbo arrangement and don't plan on ever marketing the one that I created in 2005.

This is my 19th month of Turbo development trying to better understand the TIV with Boost and how it responds to head and cam work as well as other forms of manipulation.

Thus far 3 engines have been purposely killed to find the truth about a boosted TIV. Thus far I have retained most all of my data and information as I constantly break my own rules with the development and it changes monthly. I have created a TIV Turbo specific forum over at my Aircooled Technology online community forums. Thats where I'll be sharing the information, so I can control who sees and benefits from it.

The TIV and it's capabilities with boost are quite unknown- even by me but thats why I'm taking the time to do as much test work with it as possible.

My new Dyno lab has a lot of boost specific characteristics that will give the development a huge shot in the arm. This includes a ballistic resistant window so we can safely push engines over the edge with Boost and watch parts fly... I took the whole damn unit from a local bank that was being remodeled- its cool as hell!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.