Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which do you prefer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
tat2dphreak
of course there's only 10% of the people registered on this site have voted... it's like a real election smile.gif
oilhammer
smile.gif Mine has one but if it didn't, I wouldn't install one. If someone says its a VW... well the DNA don't lie. I actually like the VW/Porsche emblems for the rear... Of course, I wonder if six owners would feel the same.

What ratio of six owners voted, "have badge"?

914's rock...
Dr. Roger
I like both.
If the DNA don't lie.... then ideally i'd like to make a "PORSCHE/VETTE" emblems for the trunks. biggrin.gif
Joseph Mills
Mine came with a crest on the front hood. However, it will be removed when I eventually repaint the car.

In the meantime, I added the badge seen below on the rear bumper for proper balance.

Originally I had a smaller badge, but the car pushed badly. Installing the larger badge really balanced the car's handling. For high speed track days, I adjust the badge to it's stiffest setting.

VERY neutral in high speed turns now...

biggrin.gif
bondo
icon_bump.gif

happy11.gif
Eddie914
Decal ... like the 1973 911 Carerra RS!
VaccaRabite
Mine had oe when I bought it. I took it off as it was kinda beat up. I don't know that I will put it back on or not. I was actually thinking of putting a VW emblem there instead, and the "vw-porsche" badge on the rear.

Zach
EdwardBlume
Next to a brozed naked lady with wings (not the ebay parts lady tho), the porsche crest makes a fine hood ornament.
GWN7
QUOTE(Dr. Roger @ May 20 2005, 10:19 AM) *

I like both.
If the DNA don't lie.... then ideally i'd like to make a "PORSCHE/VETTE" emblems for the trunks. biggrin.gif

Just get plates that say "VET ETR" smile.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
No crest on the hood. If the shape of the car isn't enough to tell you what it is, then its identity should be on a "need to know" basis. biggrin.gif

I'm remembering 20+ years ago when Cadillac and other GM Divisions were having a very serious identity crisis. I once counted 14 Cadillac emblems, crests and wreaths on wheels/hubcaps, taillights, hoods, trunks, grilles, mirrors, roof pillars, etc. Talk about your insecurity laugh.gif

We don't need no stinkin' emblems thumb3d.gif
Tobra
ooo, 88-88, a tie. I have a stick on Karmann badge left over from the bug, thought about sticking that one on the back, or on the passenger fender like a Karmann Ghia, just to throw people off. I say no holes in the hood if they are not already there, decal would be okay I guess.
Elliot_Cannon
I like the crest. You like the crest? The crest is goood.

Elliot
pfierb
I prefer to use my family coat of arms crest
Series9
Nothing on the front deck and nothing on the engine deck.

On the RS:
Brian Mifsud
Car we built in a VW owned factory using VW parts to a Porsche Specification.

Be different.. install the Wolfsburg Crest...

here's a good steering wheel too...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.