Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which do you prefer?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Curvie Roadlover
Can I get a consensis from the gang on this please?
crest? unsure.gif no crest
Mark Henry
crest, because I already have one! tongue.gif
boxstr
No crest unless already there.
olav
My car came with a crest on the front and the back.

I would prefer no crests though but I'm leaving everything there unless I get my car repainted then I'll remove the crests and fill in the holes.

- Olav
Curvie Roadlover
82 viewings of this post and 13 votes. sad.gif c'mon whaddaya think?
BS Chairman
OK, here's what I think you should do just leave it OFF. Even if you put it on who will know that it's a Porsche? Just put it on your steering wheel.Then be happy that you didn't drill holes in a perfectly good trunk lid. biggrin.gif
krk
Both of mine have 'em. I'd rather neither did. I love the clean uncluttered
line, particularly on the early years. ymmv.

kim.
bernbomb914
I put one on mine and I like the Way It looks
elwood-914
Even though mine has a crest I would rather keep it uncluderd (sp?) Nothin but a door handle. ph34r.gif
mr914
Crest if already there.
seanery
Neither of mine have them.
I'm thinking about putting a crest sticker on the race car when it's painted.

I haven't made up my mind about the driver.

How do I vote, "I'm not sure?"
Hawk
No crest. Uncluttered. Pristine, virginal? ohmy.gif
kdfoust
Hell, my car doesn't even say P-O-R-S-C-H-E across the engine grill anymore! I say NO to the crest.

Kevin
scottb
i vote crest. good i like it since mine came with one.
Brad Roberts
I had to think about this awhile.

Here is my take on the subject.

F- Porsche. Why should I let people know its a Porsche when Porsche wont acknowledge it ??

Most people think its a Fiat anyway...ha ha

If it has it.. leave it. If it doesnt.. dont add it.

All it does is make the hood harder to wash.

B
Mueller
I planned on NOT installing the Crest on my new 911 hood as well as.....I better call Scott before it's too late....

No crest on the 914 either
Brad Roberts
Rebel.

B
AZ914
I vote 'Porsche Crest'. Sure, not original, but it looks sharp and doesn't scream aftermarket...
GWN7
One car has it, one car dosen't, the third has holes for one. The one at the farm dosen't (rusting peacefully). Can't remember if the 924 has one or not and there is 4" of snow on top of it, so I will find out in about 3 months.

Personally if I find one for cheap I might add it.

I figure that I know what it is and if anyone else is looking at the car can't read the "PORSCHE" letters on the engine lid and figure out what type of car it is from that, there probably to dumb to live. tongue.gif
Jeroen
The 924 had a hood-crest because THAT was a real Porsche wink.gif

Cheers,

Jeroen
Gint
I voted o this last week, but I'll add my .02 today. There are enough Porsche crests on my car already. Wheels, engine grill, 914-6 on the rear panel, crest on the Momo wheel hub. That's plenty.

Jeroen, DIG your new avatar. :loveletter: I would love to have the art for my web page.
Curvie Roadlover
I'd pretty much already decided on no crest, I was just curious about how everyone else felt. My first car didn't have one when I got it but I put one on, then kinda regretted it. However, It was a silver car, and now PP sells a silver hood crest. That would have looked tits on the silver car.
TROJANMAN
though i'd dig this one up, since we have a few more members now.
mattillac
no crest. it's not really a porsche anyways wink.gif i vote yes for the big VW that comes on the front of old vanagons.
Cap'n Krusty
Personally, I think you REALLY need a huge airbrushed hood mural of a semi-clothed Conan type, proudly dragging his equally semi- clothed conquest by the hair. Straight off the side of a 1970 Chevy van with fiberglass fender extensions and really wide BFG TAs.................................. The Cap'n
messix
crest ..... tartar control extra whitening
tat2dphreak
I like the crest... I have the silver one... and silver letters on the lid...
dlo914
QUOTE (kdfoust @ Jan 13 2003, 12:20 PM)
Hell, my car doesn't even say P-O-R-S-C-H-E across the engine grill anymore! I say NO to the crest.

Kevin

hah i threw on a VW badge since i was missing a few of the Porsche letters...
balljoint
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ May 19 2005, 03:13 PM)
Personally, I think you REALLY need a huge airbrushed hood mural of a semi-clothed Conan type, proudly dragging his equally semi- clothed conquest by the hair. Straight off the side of a 1970 Chevy van with fiberglass fender extensions and really wide BFG TAs.................................. The Cap'n

agree.gif

No question.

Can you get 914 carpets in Shag?

As in "Shall we shag now, or shall we shag later." Austin Powers

biggrin.gif

I like both, with the crest, because I like the crest and I think it is cool, and without, because that's how it came from the factory and the car doesn't need to shout "HEY I'M A PORSCHE" for me to like it. boldblue.gif
rick 918-S
no looks like bootyshake.gif I know what it is. that's gud e nuf fo me.
TROJANMAN
easy for you to say, you have a 100% genuine porsche engine in yours.
joea9146
It adds extra Wieght ... biggrin.gif
BMartin914
NONE. Because it's Not A Real Porsche. laugh.gif
brer
I've always prefered porsches without badging.
I think they speak for themselves.
jim912928
I put the silver crest on my arctic silver teener...looks real good! I like showing my porsche heritage on this car. I don't know if it is age or not...but I get no grief from other porsche people here in northern indiana that the 914 isn't a porsche..they all love it. At the first PCA meeting I attended they asked me what I had and growned when I said I had a 914...they all said don't bring it to an autoX...we don't want to get beat! There are about 6 teeners that show up at the autox's here...3 are sixes.
Allan
QUOTE (Brad Roberts @ Jan 13 2003, 02:05 PM)
All it does is make the hood harder to wash.

agree.gif I have one on mine now but after it gets painted it's not going back on.
SLITS
No Crest....I do not have an identity crisis.....I do not have an identity crisis....I do not have...........uh, uh...........
jgiroux67
I love the hood crest, but if its at the right level on the hood. Not to high and not too low other wise it looks out of place.
Brent
Crest, already there, plus balances the Gold letters on the engine lid.
redshift
Crest. It allows for longer blank stares when they walk by, and say, "Fiat!?"..

"Yes, why... yes it is..."

rolleyes.gif

M
nebreitling
no crest. keep it clean -- these cars have more character without being labled 'porsche' everywhere.
mrobin
i'll go along with the people that say...
if it has one keep it....if it doesn't have one on it, don't put one on.
cheers
TJB/914
I vote no crest. The factory didn't put one on, so leave it off.

Story to relate too.
Would you put perfume on a pig?? It's still a pig!!

Tom
BTW Curvie,
Hope to see you Sunday at the Ypsi. VW meet.
914gem
a small vw crest would look great on a V8 car
smooth_eddy
I do not have a hood crest. Although I do like them, I won't put one on my car. Why drill a perfectly good hood?
Joe Bob
HAH...I broke the tie....no crest.
tat2dphreak
wow, when this was resurrected yesterday, the vote was 2:1 FOR the crest, now it's dead even!!
skline
TY TYVM biggrin.gif
MoveQik
Mine already had one so I left it on. However, I'm pretty indifferent on it. I wouldn't put in extra time or money to remove one OR add one. They just really don't do much for the car either way.

I used to have the letters on the engine cover but I left them off after I repainted. I like it better without them. I also removed the negative stripe. There's my .02.
Katmanken
I'd like a crest on mine...

But I'd have to remove the big chrome stallion mounted there.

That would unbalance the "look" with the two flanking little chrome horses pulling little chrome sulkies and the bank of 9 tuned airhorns running across the hood behind the sulkies.

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.