Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do I remove this piece?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cevan
How do I remove the big interior piece behind the seats? I have the seats and armrest removed. I removed the screws on the bottom of this piece but I'm not sure how to unfasten it from the firewall. Thanks.
ejm
Pull it away at the bottom and then slide it downwards
markb
That's called the backpad. There are 4 screws at the bottom. Remove them, pull the bottom forward, and slide it down. There are clips that hold the top of it in place. Don't pull it from the top or you'll pull the clips loose. The wiring for the light run behind it, so when you go to reinstall, make sure to route the wires back up.

Damn, Ed beat me to it. biggrin.gif
MrKona
This might go without saying, but don't forget to remove the engine lid knob as well. It just unscrews.
markb
Good catch! I forgot that. sad.gif
McMark
Watch the interior light wires. wink.gif
boxstr
The engine lid knob must be removed but you must also remove the finish piece that also screws on. There are two screws that secure the cover over the park brake pivot and cables, remove it, makes life easier.
CCLINBACKPADDEDROOM
Cevan
Thanks!! I got the engine lift knob.
Joe Bob
Disconnect the fuse and/or the battery...that interior light wire can ground out and spark....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.